These colorful and delicious Candy Corn Cupcakes are the perfect fall treats. They are easy to make cupcake treats that are perfect for snack-time, lunch-time, anytime!
As you probably all know by now, I LOVE candy corn! I am sure you probably have gotten tired of hearing how much I enjoy these seasonal treats. So this is your warning, I am going to express my love for these sweet gems once again. This time, though, in the form of a delicious cupcake. I got creative in the kitchen last week and whipped up a batch of these yummy Candy Corn Cupcakes.
It’s amazing what a box of doctored up cake mix and some food coloring can create. These are a great recipe for a class or neighborhood Halloween party.
To make these cupcakes, I simply divided white cake mix batter into three equal parts. I added yellow and orange to two of the divided batters and kept one part plain white. Layer yellow, orange and white cake mix in a lined cupcake pan. Repeat the same process with the vanilla buttercream frosting.
- 1 box white cake mix
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Orange & Yellow Food Coloring
- Buttercream frosting (click here for recipe) or 2 cans of vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 cupcake tins with liners and set aside.
- Mix cake mix with sugar and flour. Beat in eggs, milk, sour cream and vanilla.
- Divide batter into three equal parts. Set the plain white aside. Color one part with yellow food coloring and the other with orange food coloring.
- Layer 2 tablespoons of yellow, orange and white cake mix into each liner.
- Bake 18-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- While cupcakes are baking, divide frosting evenly. Keep one part plain. Add yellow and orange to color the remaining two. Use a piping bag to top cupcakes to look like a candy corn.
I miss the days of making cupcakes and treats for my kids’ classroom parties. There are so many fun and frightfully cute Halloween treats you can make. I have rounded up some of my favorites from some fabulous bloggers.
Here are 25 Frightfully Cute Halloween Treats you can make for your next Halloween party. Be sure to stop by their pages and show some love.
…here are a few from The Farm Girl Gabs:
…here are a few from some fabulous bloggers:
Edible Eyeballs – Souffle Bombay
Marshmallow Monsters – Working Mom Magic
White Coconut Ghost Apples – Kicking It With Kelly
Halloween Spider Cookies – Cincy Shopper
Pumpkin Patch Bark – Katrina’s Paperie
Halloween Muddy Buddies – Passion For Savings
Spider Cupcakes – Artsy Momma
Vampire Cookies – The Joys of Boys
Bat Cupcakes – MomDot
Candy Corn Bundt Cake – Blommi
Candy Corn Milkshake – Baking Beauty
Halloween Brownie Bites – Virtually Yours
Halloween Oreo Fudge – Mom’s Messy Miracles
Mummy Brownies – The Taylor House
Rice Krispie Monster Treats – One Little Project
Nutter Butter Boos – Home Made Interest
5-Ingredient Halloween Oreo Truffles – Chelsea’s Messy Apron
Melted Witch Cupcakes – Six Sister Stuff
Cookies ‘N’ Cream Mummy Bark – Creme de la Crumb
Slow Cooker Halloween Hot Chocolate – Incredible Recipes From Heaven
Take your pick! There are a lot of tasty Halloween treats here. I am sure you will scare up a lot of Halloween fun for you and your family with these recipes.