Chances are if you have been to Walt Disney World, or any other of the Disney Parks, you know all about the famous Dole Whips. Dole Whips are one of the most popular snacks at the Disney Parks. For me, they are a little taste of heaven. If you have never had a Dole Whip before ( I promise I won’t judge), the best way I can describe it is it is like pineapple water ice – but BETTER! Cool and refreshing, this frozen treat is a “must-do” every time I visit Walt Disney World.
I thought it would be fun to recreate the classic Dole Whip into something I enjoy often for breakfast – smoothies. This Dole Whip Smoothie definitely satisfies my “Disney” craving. The taste is spot on and it is a perfect breakfast alternative. Tropical and smooth!
By using Dole Pineapple, pineapple greek yogurt and almond milk, this smoothie is the perfect tropical treat. Smoothies are quick and easy to prepare. I love just throwing some fresh ingredients into a blender, turning it on, and enjoying a satisfying frosty breakfast drink in a matter of minutes.
- 1 cup frozen Dole Pineapple Chunks or Dole Canned Pineapple Chunks
- 1 cup pineapple greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 - 2 cups of ice cubes (depending on how thick you like it)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh pineapple for garnish
- In a blender, add pineapple, greek yogurt, almond milk, ice cubes, lemon juice, lime juice and vanilla.
- Add ice cubes and process until smooth.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge.
So if you are missing the classic Dole Whips at Walt Disney World, or are just in a tropical mood longing for a nice tropical beach, why not whip up this Dole Whip Smoothie. Yes, it is perfect for breakfast but you can certainly enjoy it any time of the day.