I love experimenting with new recipes, especially the comfort food type of recipes. Recently, I was at a family party and a guest brought a really tasty corn dip to share. Maybe I am living in a bubble or under a rock because, I never had corn dip…EVER. I knew after one bite, I just had to try to recreate this recipe. Plus, I love to make dishes that incorporate all the wonderful vegetables we grow here on our farm.
Remember back in the fall when I showed you how to freeze corn. Well, corn takes center stage for this dip and it was a perfect reason grab some out of my freezer. As I said before, there is nothing quite like sweet Jersey Fresh Russo’s corn!
I’m in Game Day mode and this Kicked Up Hot Corn Dip is the perfect recipe for your Game Day celebration. This dip has a southwestern flair. It’s packed with green chilies, Sriacha sauce, jalapeños and cheddar cheese and has just the right amount of spice.
Who are you rooting for? In my book, Game Day is all about the F-O-O-D!!! I’m cheering for this Kicked Up Hot Corn Dip Recipe because it is really Goooooooood!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups fresh corn or 2 cans, drained
- ¾ onion, finely diced
- ¾ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 - 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup scallions
- 1 can green chillies, drained
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet add olive oil and heat pan. Add the onions, corn, red bell pepper and garlic to pan and sauté over medium heat for several minutes until onions are translucent.
- Season with salt and add Sriracha sauce. Mix to incorporate.
- Add the 2 bricks of cream cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Stir well.
- Transfer dip to an oven-proof baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with vegetables or your favorite chips
Looking for some more Game Day food ideas and inspiration? Be sure to follow my Pinterest board for some tasty ideas!