Skip the coffee house and brew your own delicious Peppermint Mocha Latte in a Ninja Coffee Bar® System!
This post was created in partnership with Ninja Coffee Bar® System. I received complimentary products and compensation to facilitate my review, but all opinions within are my own.
Heading out to the local coffee shop on a daily basis can cause a serious dent in your pocket book. I have a serious love for coffee but not the cost of ordering my favorite coffeehouse special. When I first started enjoying coffeehouse drinks, I was intimidated by how the barista actually made the drink. It seemed like so many different steps. Often too, the name of the drink was equally hard to remember. Fear no more, I have now learned to make coffee house drinks right in the comfort of my own kitchen.
Thanks to the Ninja Coffee Bar® System, I can now be my own barista and enjoy an authentic hot or cold coffee drink right at home. The Ninja Coffee Bar® System includes a built-in hot and cold frother, six brew sizes and five brew types – including the Ninja-exclusive Cafe Forte brew, which amplifies the natural subtle flavors of your favorite coffee. Whether you are a fan of a hot or cold brew, the Ninja Coffee Bar® does it all. It’s perfect for entertaining too. I can’t wait to set up a “make your own coffee bar” for the upcoming holiday season.
Since the holiday season has kicked off, I thought it would be fun to create one of my favorite seasonal drinks with the Ninja Coffee Bar® System that I always order at the local coffee shop – a Peppermint Mocha Latte. Again, this is one of those drinks that sound so intimidating to make but it isn’t! Start by mixing some cocoa powder and water in a mug. I added about one tablespoon of a mint simple syrup that I made too.
Use the attached Ninja Smart™ Scoop to fill the filter with either espresso or strong coffee. Make sure the water reservoir is filled too. Place the mug on the single-serve platform and choose the specialty setting to brew a four-ounce cup of coffee or espresso. While the coffee is brewing, heat up some milk in the microwave for about one minute.
Use the built-in milk frother to froth the steamed milk. I love the convenience of having the built-in frother.
Pour the frothed milk into the mug. I like to garnish my Peppermint Mocha Latte with whipped cream, crushed peppermint candy, and miniature chocolate chips.
I totally brought our my inner “Ninja Barista” with this drink – delicious and money-saving too. It’s the perfect drink to ring in the Christmas season. A Ninja Coffee Bar® System also makes a perfect gift to give too! There are also a lot of great recipes included in the box as well.
Ready to make your own Peppermint Mocha Latte at home? Enter the giveaway below for a chance to win your own Ninja Coffee Bar® System.
- Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as a part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central and must reside in the United States.”
- Ninja Coffee Bar® System giveaway is the same product as the review product.
For tips on how to be a #NinjaBarista, recipe inspiration, or to purchase the Ninja Coffee Bar® System, visit ninjacoffeebar.com.
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces espresso or strong coffee
- 1 cup steamed milk.
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Crushed Peppermint candies, for garnish
- Miniature Chocolate Chips, for garnish
- Combine ⅓ cup water, ⅓ cup sugar and 2 teaspoons peppermint extract in a small saucepan. This will make your mint simple syrup. Bring to a boil for one minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cocoa and 2 tablespoons of water to a large mug and mix together.
- Add two tablespoons of the mint simple syrup to the mug.
- Place mug on the Ninja Coffee Bar® System and brew 4 ounces of espresso or strong coffee on the Specialty Setting.
- While coffee is brewing, heat one cup of whole milk in the microwave for one minute.
- Use the frother on the Ninja Coffee Bar® System to froth the steamed milk.
- Slowly add the milk to the coffee mixture. Stir gently to incorporate.
- Garnish with whipped cream, crushed peppermint candy and chocolate chips.