This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
I jump at every opportunity I get to express my profound love for all things Disney. I’m not shy about it either. Yes, I proudly sport my #DisneySide gear on any given day. I received a magical email several weeks ago, notifying me that I was selected by Disney and MomSelect to host a Multi-Generational #DisneySide At Home Celebration. Hello! How cool is that!!! We get to bring the magic of Disney home, right here to New Jersey.
I love to plan parties. And, of course I started planning and brainstorming for this magical event as soon as I received my email. After conferring with my daughter Gabrielle, we decided to have invite her friends and their moms over to celebrate! Disney was even generous enough to send participants a box filled with party supplies, planning materials, games and even some toys!
Here’s a rundown of all the Pixie Dusted Fun At Our #DisneySide At Home Celebration.
The girls (and moms) were asked to arrive representing their favorite Disney Princess. This group of lovely ladies also happens to belong to the Girl Scout troop in which I am one of the leaders. Two years ago, our troop had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Disney Youth Education Series at Walt Disney World. They learned a lot and had a ball. So, this celebration was a Disney reunion of sorts.
- Before the party even started, I made sure I had plenty of Disney background music playing too to set the atmosphere. You can’t celebrate your Disney Side without Disney music!
- On arrival, guests were given Disney “swag bag” filled with all sorts of fun Disney items. Keeping my budget in mind, I hit the jackpot at the local dollar store and was able to find a lot of fun Disney items like princess tiaras, Disney puzzles, and Disney Princess photo frames. I also included a photo that was taken of the girls on our trip to Disney in 2013. Other items included (Mickey pencils, Disney trip planning information, HP photo paper and Disney Princess nail polish) arrived with the other items in the generous Disney At Home Celebration kit. I made each guest a custom Disney Applique T-Shirt which I will show you how to make in an upcoming post.
I had various Craft Stations set up throughout the room so everyone could make something to celebrate their Disney Side. The crafty fun included:
- Make your Own Minnie Floral Ears (click the link for the tutorial) – because no outfit worn at the Disney Parks is complete without a set of Ears!
- Make your Own Mickey Mouse Washer Necklace (tutorial coming soon on the blog!)
- Guests could also hop on my laptop to create their own #DisneySide Decal on the Build Your Disney Side website. You can make your own family decal on the Disney by clicking here.
There was plenty of Disney-themed food for everyone. It’s not a party at Melissa’s without food. Here’s what was served:
Mickey’s Mac & Cheese
Pizza Planet Make Your Own Pizza Bar
Cinderella Royal Carriage Dip with Vegetables
Mickey’s Cake (using the Wilton Mickey Mouse Cake Pan)
Mickey’s Rice Krispies Treats
I also had a variety of Disney board games for the girls to play. Which included:
Of course anything Disney equates to family. My daughter Gabby and I had a lot of fun planning and preparing for the party. She even decorated the Mickey cake and did a wonderful job. The Mickey cake pan was one of the items provided by Disney in our Disney at Home Celebration Box.
I often tell my husband, I wish I could have an apartment on Main Street U.S.A in the Magic Kingdom. While, this dream is highly unlikely, there is no reason not have a magical Disney Day — even at home. With these simple Disney Side party ideas, you too can celebrate the magic and wonder of Disney in your own home.
Looking for other #DisneySide Party Ideas? Be sure to follow my Disney Side At Home Celebration Pinterest board for more inspiration.