Can we talk about quick meals for a second. While I would love nothing more than spending a good part of the day cooking a nice meal for my family, the reality is I usually don’t have a lot of time. You know how the story goes….work, kids’ schedules, appointments…and the list goes on and on. Fresh salads are a perfect solution for those busy days when a fancy sit down dinner “just ain’t happening.”
I enjoy salads for lunch or dinner. They’re quick, they’re nutritious and they’re budget friendly. Sesame Chicken Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing is one of my routine favorites. Grilled chicken, dried cranberries, crunchy lo-mein noodles are served over fresh greens and drizzled with a delicious Honey Sesame Dressing. This recipe was inspired by my favorite salad one of my favorite lunch hangouts called the Rustic Grille . This is my take on their salad.
I not big on bottled salad dressings. I much prefer to make my own. They taste so much better and are so simple to make. This Honey Sesame Dressing also makes a perfect dipping sauce for chicken nuggets.
One of the great things about salads is their versatility. You can basically add or eliminate any ingredient you like. Love cucumbers, then add more. Hate carrots, then substitute them with another favorite vegetable of yours. Salads are also a perfect way to clean out the vegetable drawer in your refrigerator.
What are your lunch or dinner plans for today? Give this Sesame Chicken Salad a try. I bet your family will love it!
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup Craisins
- ½ cup toasted almonds
- ¾ cup Lo Mein Noodles
- Honey Sesame Dressing (see recipe below)
- In large bowl, or two smaller bowls, add romaine, carrots and cucumbers.
- Top with sliced grilled chicken and then top with the Craisins, almonds and Lo Mein Noodles.
- Drizzle with Honey Sesame Dressing.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a glass bowl, combine all ingredients together and whisk until well incorporated.
- Serve over salad or as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets.