This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HeatAndEat #CollectiveBias
I often find that leftovers get a bad rap. Sometimes, they have the perception of being just plain old boring. I like to find creative ways to jazz up leftovers so I can serve them as a nice hot lunch the next day. A Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl is a deliciously creative option for the extra chicken sitting in your refrigerator from the previous night’s dinner. What is even better are these nifty new Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers that you can heat and eat them in at work or school.
Chicken is a popular staple in my house. We all enjoy it and I like to cook it at least twice a week. Quinoa, the ever-popular super food, is something else that I have been preparing lately for my family. I combined both ingredients and put a modern spin on the traditional “burrito bowl.”
I was able to easily prepare lunch for the next day by using the Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers. They are perfect for storing, transporting and reheating this Chicken Burrito Bowl or any other delicious lunch you make that needs microwaved. Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers are for microwave use only. They cannot be used in toaster ovens, conventional ovens, or in grills. The lid cannot be microwaved. These single-use containers are lightweight, inexpensive and recyclable.
I used two Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers to make this Chicken Burrito Bowl. In one container, I mixed the quinoa with one teaspoon of taco seasoning.
I then added the chopped chicken. Store in the refrigerator until ready to heat and eat. This container will need to be microwaved for three to four minutes when you are ready to enjoy lunch.
In the other Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable container, I stored the cold ingredients I will need to assemble the burrito bowl. This included the lettuce, tomato, beans, cheese, guacamole and sour cream. When ready to eat lunch, simply add the microwaved chicken and quinoa container to the cold ingredients to make the burrito bowl.
I love how simple additions can turn ordinary leftovers into an extraordinary lunch.This is what I would call a “power lunch”. Using the quinoa instead of rice adds a healthy dose of protein to your diet. This Chicken Burrito Bowl is also a great gluten-free option as well.
The handy lids make it easy to transport too. In about ten minutes time, you can easily prep your lunch for the next day just by rethinking leftovers.
I purchased the Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers at Target. They can be found in the aisle with the paper products and food storage containers. I also purchased the other ingredients I needed for this recipe there as well.
How do you like to jazz up your leftovers? There are so many creative ways to add some pizzazz to plain old boring left overs. I would love to know about some of you favorite left over creations.
- 3/4 cup quinoa cooked
- 4 ounces of chicken grilled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of taco seasoning
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 1/2 cup black beans drained
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/3 cup guacamole
- Cilantro for garnish
- 2 Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers
- Using leftovers from previous night, add quinoa to one of the Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable containers.
- Mix in taco seasoning and chopped chicken.
- Place lid on container and store in refrigerator until ready to heat and eat.
- In another Reynolds™ heat & eat disposable container, layer lettuce, tomato, beans, cheese guacamole and sour cream. Place lid on and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When you are ready to eat, remove lid and heat the container with the chicken and quinoa in the microwave for four to five minutes.
- Add heated chicken and quinoa to the container with the lettuce.