I’ll have a malt! Sounds like we are back in the ’50s, doesn’t it. I often hear my parents reminisce about the old-fashioned soda fountain in their hometown in Western Pennsylvania when they were growing up. I love listening to the stories of their youth. Life was so simple and uncomplicated back then, wasn’t it? No technology, no cell phones, no computers and no 352 channels on TV.
A classic malt was once popular soda fountain drink of an era long gone where drive-ins and ice cream shops were popular hang outs. Fast forward to modern time. I was recently asked to review CTL Foods Soda Fountain® Malted Milk Powder. I thought it would be fun to but a modern spin on the retro Classic Malt. How does a Chocolate Oreo™ Cookie Malt sound to you? It sounds pretty good to me. I love anything with Oreo Cookies! My kids love milkshakes but a malt was totally new to them. They really enjoyed this updated version. You can’t go wrong with Oreos AND Chocolate! I hope you enjoy.
- 2 Scoops of Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 tablespoons CTL Foods Malted Milk Powder
- 3/4 cup crushed Oreo Cookies reserve 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1/2 cup milk add a little more if you like a thinner malt
- Whipped Cream garnish
- Marachino Cherry garnish
- Chocolate Syrup garnish
- Dampen rim of a large glass.
- Place 1/4 cup of crushed Oreo Cookies on a dish and dip rim of glass in Oreos to coat. Set aside.
- In blender, add 2 scoops of chocolate ice cream, malted milk powder, 1/2 cup crushed Oreo Cookies and milk.
- Blend until smooth. If you like a thinner shake, add a little more milk until you reach consistency you like.
- Pour in glass. Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and a maraschino cherry.
HDYGG gives CTL Malted Milk Powder two thumbs up! If you are looking for more malt recipes, click her to check out the CTL Soda Fountain® Malted Milk recipe page.
Disclosure: I received a complimentary product from CTL Foods to complete this review. As always, thoughts and opinions are my own.