This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhenImHungry #CollectiveBias
I have a question for you. Who are you when you’re hungry? I am definitely someone you don’t want to talk to. When the pangs of hunger strike, I am definitely one grumpy lady. You don’t even want to know who I am when I am hungry. While I generally try to curb my hunger with a healthy alternative like fruit, sometimes that just doesn’t cut it. There are times when I need that special something to quell the rumblings in my belly and get myself back on track. Enjoying a SNICKERS® candy bar always does the trick. It’s my favorite and it’s only fair that I treat myself every now and then to some SNICKERS® satisfaction.
I recently tried SNICKERS® Extreme, SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares, and SNICKERS® Almond for the first time. I enjoyed the SNICKERS® Almond and the SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares so much that I created this SNICKERS® Almond Bark to help cure my hunger. I love to make all different sorts of candy bark. It’s an easy and versatile treat in which you can add your favorite ingredients to.
I stopped at my local WalMart to pick up the SNICKERS® Almond and SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares as well as the other ingredients needed for the recipe. As I said before, I like to make bark. It my quick fix when I need a snack or a last minute treat for company.
I begin by bringing butter and brown sugar to a rolling boil. Continue to boil about 3-4 minutes on medium until sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Then pour this mixture over pretzels arranged on the bottom of a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pop this in the oven for 7 minutes.
Remove and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over entire sheet pan. Allow to sit for 4 minutes and then spread chocolate evenly with a spatula. I then evenly spread the chopped almonds, SNICKERS® Almond and the SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares all over the top. Press down a little so the chunks adhere to the melted chocolate.
Drizzle melted white chocolate all over the top and let sit 30 minutes. Break into pieces and enjoy!
See more great SNICKERS® recipes and fun stories on the SNICKERS® social hub. You can also enter the SNICKERS® “Who are you when you’re hungry?” contest by uploading a personal photo or video from your Computer, Facebook, Instagram or use the SNICKERS® Meme Generator to create something new! Voting begins at Noon on 5/11/15 and ends at 11:59:59AM ET on 7/15/15.
- 2 cups SNICKERS® Almond roughly chopped
- 1 cup SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Squares chopped
- 4 cups of pretzel pieces
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment and spread an even layer of pretzels on the bottom.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter and sugar. Cook until sugar comes to a rolling boil. Boil for 3 minutes and remove from stove. This will turn into a toffee mixture.
- Pour toffee over pretzels and bake for 7 minutes.
- While bark is baking, melt white chocolate on medium heat over a double boiler and set aside.
- Remove bark from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over entire pan. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes. This will allow the chips to melt.
- With an offset spatula, spread melted chocolate evenly.
- Top bark with SNICKERS® pieces and almonds. Press down gently so it adheres into melted bark.
- Allow to cool 1 hour.
- Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
This SNICKERS® Almond Bark is a perfect answer when hunger strikes. It’s satisfying, crunchy and delicious! How do you cure your hunger? Leave me a comment below.