Super easy and super delicious! This Monte Cristo Bake is the perfect make-ahead breakfast casserole that doesn’t have to be served just for breakfast.
This is a sponsored blog post; while the views expressed here were genuinely mine, consideration was paid to me by Bays English Muffins to review this product.
I have mentioned many times before how much I LOVE breakfast foods. Now that the weather is finally turning cooler and the holiday season is right around the corner (crazy, isn’t it?), I am amping up my breakfast game. A nice warm breakfast is the perfect comfort food. And what better way to warm up during the fall and winter months than with a delicious recipe to warm you up. This Monte Cristo Bake is made with Bays English Muffins. There are so many reasons why I love this recipe.
It’s made with wholesome ingredients like eggs, cheese and ham – the breakfast trifecta. Bonus points for being a great recipe for using leftover holiday ham too. And….it’s not just for breakfast. You can eat it for brunch, lunch or dinner too.
Bays English Muffins play a starring role in this Monte Cristo Bake. But, Bays Muffins aren’t just for breakfast. Their versatility knows no limits. Try topping them with cheese, spreads, or vegetables. Or, use them for sandwiches or mini pizzas.
I love recipes that can be prepared in advance. You can make this easy Monte Cristo Bake the night before. This saves so much time when you are ready to serve it and means you can sleep in later in the morning. Just pop it in the oven when you are ready to eat.
Bays is making it even easier for you to enjoy the versatility of its always-fresh English muffins. You won’t find Bays English Muffins in the bread aisle, though. Look in the REFRIGERATED DAIRY CASE NEXT TO THE EGGS AND MILK. Go to bays.com to find out what stores near you carry Bays as well as great Bays recipe ideas. Be sure to follow the Bays Facebook page too.
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 BAYS English Muffins any variety
- 8 ounces ham cut into 1/2-inch cubes (1-1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese divided
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves
- Grease 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard, onion powder and pepper in large bowl with whisk until
- blended. Cut muffins into quarters; add to bowl, separating all pieces. Add ham and half
- of the cheese; mix well. Pour mixture into baking dish, pressing muffins into egg
- mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate for six hours or
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Bake, uncovered, for 38 to 40 minutes or until light golden brown and heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with powdered sugar and raspberry preserves.
Save this Monte Cristo Bake breakfast recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.