Nothing could go wrong on a day that starts out with these Peach Breakfast Danish made with puff pastry, fresh peaches and a sweet cheese filling.
I have often classified myself as the world’s messiest baker and cook. Yes, that is a sad true fact. Obviously, with the amount of recipes I share here on The Farm Girl Gabs, my kitchen often looks like a war zone. Case in point, I made these delicious Peach Breakfast Danish the other day and a huge mess followed.
With recipe ingredients lined up on my granite counters, my prep area was a disaster. Rolling out pastry dough with flour produces a tough mess to clean up. When the baking and cooking is complete, I like my kitchen to look spotless. Thankfully, ocelo™ No-Scatch Scrub Sponges help me clean up the mess without worrying about scratching any surfaces. With flour and pastry dough everywhere, I was able to get my counter tops spotless in no time.
ocelo™ No-Scratch Scrub Sponges clean delicate surfaces without scratching and are ideal for glassware, china, and stainless steel. I like to use them on my granite countertops. They are great for all types of cleaning purposes including bathroom tile. They are available at Target in 3 and 6 pack options and are available in fun patterns.
It’s peach season here on our farm. When the season comes around, I can’t wait to start baking with them. These Peach Breakfast Danish are a delicious way to start out the day. They are really easy to make too. I love the versatility of puff pastry. By simply rolling and adding a sweet or savory ingredient, you have a delicious recipe to serve.
To begin, I made a sweet cheese filling for the danish. I combined cream cheese, egg yolks, powdered sugar, and vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy. Then, unfold a sheet of puff pastry dough and roll to seal the folded edges. Using a large biscuit cutter (or glass), cut four circles. Transfer to a baking sheet. Take a smaller biscuit cutter (or glass) and score the center of each circle. This will allow the outer edges to rise. Fill each center with two tablespoons of the cream cheese filling. Top with sliced peaches. Sprinkle with sugar and brush outer edges with egg wash. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
These Peach Breakfast Danish are the perfect morning treat. Well, let’s be honest, these can be enjoyed anytime of the day. I like to add a sprinkling of powdered sugar to the too.
Thankfully, the ocelo™ No-Scratch Scrub Sponges made this baking extravaganza clean up a breeze. Less clean-up means more time to celebrate Jersey Peach season!
- 2 puff pastry sheets thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs divided
- 3 peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Sprinkling sugar for garnish
- Powdered Sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking pad.
- Peel and slice peaches. Mix with one tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese. Add powdered sugar, two egg yolks, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- On a floured surface, unfold pastry sheets. Gently roll out each sheet so crease marks are smooth.
- Use a 4" biscuit cutter (or glass) and cut out 4 circles on each sheet.
- Transfer to the baking sheet. Take a smaller 2" biscuit cutter (or glass) and score the center of each pastry. This will allow the dough to rise on the outside.
- Spread two tablespoons of the cream cheese filling in the center of each circle. Top with sliced peaches.
- Sprinkle with sugar. Brush edges with reserved egg whites.
- Bake for 18-20 or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.