Create a spooky-themed version of a coveted treat with this recipe for Monster Brownies. They’re delicious and fun to look at, making them the perfect sweets for kids of all ages!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Are you looking for the perfect Halloween-themed treat to prepare for your children this year? If you want to do something different than the usual cake and cupcakes, give these fun and delicious Monster Brownies a try.
Not only are they easy to make, but they’re absolutely adorable, so you can expect them to be a huge hit! You can make them in advance and surprise the kids with them or have them lend a helping hand in the kitchen.
Get the kids excited for this spooky, decadent treat! Monster Brownies are fun to prepare, taste amazing, and look as good as they sound.
With two boxes of your favorite brownie mix, along with ingredients for the cookie dough and frosting, you’ll have everything you need to assemble these moist and delicious brownie bars that will truly melt in your mouth with each bite.
Why Make Monster Brownies?
- They’re absolutely delicious. Let’s face it – who doesn’t want to indulge in the chocolate goodness of such a perfect baked sweet treat?
- It’s not hard to make these brownies. You’ll use boxed brownie mix with a few other ingredients to help with decorating them.
- Not only will kids love these brownies, but so will adults. You’re never too old to have a spooky brownie as a snack.
Easy Monster Brownies Ingredients
Grab these ingredients and get ready to make tasty brownies that look as good as they taste!
- Brownie Mix: Grab two boxes of your favorite brownie mix for this recipe.
- Peanut Butter: Add creamy butter to create the cookie dough for these brownies.
- Light Brown Sugar: Enhance the sweet taste of the cookie dough with a bit of light brown sugar.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Grab a bag of mini chocolate chips to toss right in with the cookie dough.
- Halloween Sprinkles: Get in the spooky season spirit by adding some Halloween-themed sprinkles to the brownies.
- Candy Eyes: Don’t forget the candy eyes, which are a must-have for these baked brownies.
Of course, you’ll need a few other ingredients, such as anything the brown box calls for (eggs, oil, etc), quick oats, all-purpose flour, and vanilla extract. When making the vanilla frosting, combine sweet cream butter with sugar, vanilla extract, heavy whipping cream, and food coloring.
Which brand of brownie mix should I use to make these Monster Brownies?
You can use any brand you prefer. However, if you’re looking for suggestions, Ghiradelli’s brownie mix is absolutely amazing. There are plenty of other good brands, such as Baker’s Choice, Betty Crocker, and Pillsbury, too!
What can I do if I don’t have a piping bag for the frosting?
If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a Ziploc bag. It may be a bit trickier to work with, but it will still get the job done.
Can I add extra ingredients to the brownie mix?
While you can add extra ingredients to the brownie mix if you’d like, it’s not necessary because of the cookie dough you’re preparing to go with it. However, if you want to add chopped nuts or mini marshmallows into your brownie mix, feel free to do so.
What brand of peanut butter should I use?
Any brand of peanut butter will work. Just make sure you’re using the creamy peanut butter because it’s smooth and easier to work with!
Try These Easy Halloween Recipes
Baking Kitchen Essentials
Are you looking for the perfect Halloween-themed treat to prepare for your children this year? If you want to do something different than the usual cake and cupcakes, give these fun and delicious Monster Brownies a try. Are you looking for the perfect Halloween-themed treat to prepare for your children this year? If you want to do something different than the usual cake and cupcakes, give these fun and delicious Monster Brownies a try.
- 2 boxes of Brownies mix(18.3 oz)
- Additional ingredients listed on the Brownie boxes
- Cookie Dough:
- 2⁄3 C creamy peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temp
- 1⁄2 C light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 C all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp kosher salt
- 1⁄2 C quick oats
- 1⁄2 C miniature chocolate chips
- 1 C Halloween Sprinkles
- 1 package of candy eyes
- Vanilla frosting
- 1⁄2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Neon Green gel food coloring
- 1 large piping bags fitted with 1A round tip
- 1 package of mini candy eye decorations
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
- Prep 9 X 13 inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper with extra on the four sides.
- Brownies: Follow the ingredient list and baking directions listed on the back of the boxes.
- Put the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Set aside.
- Cookie Dough:
- Add the peanut butter and soft butter in a mixing bowl.
- Use the paddle attachment of the electric mixer to combine.
- Add the brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until completely mixed.
- In a second bowl add flour, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk to blend.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips.
- Beat to blend all ingredients together.
- Use a serving spoon to drop the oatmeal mixture over the brownie batter.
- Sprinkle the Halloween sprinkles over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-25 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the center to see if it is done.
- When done, set on a counter for at least 30 minutes to cool.
- Remove from the baking pan.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream with paddle attachment until combined, creamy and stiff.
- Beat in a few drops of neon green food coloring and mix until blended.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
- Pipe big and small dollop on the brownies.
- Place two mini candy eyes in the frosting.
- Allow frosting to firm up before enjoying!