Scare up some spooky fun at Halloween with these Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels.
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
As soon as I flip that trusty old calendar to September, a rush of excitement comes over me. The month of September means that we are one step closer to October, which means we are one day closer to Halloween. I just love Halloween and all the fun fall shenanigans that transpire.
What I love even more are all the frightfully cute Halloween treats and snacks. I miss the days of bringing holiday-themed cupcakes and snacks to my kids’ classroom.
Try These Easy Halloween Treat Recipes
These Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels are one of those frightfully fun snacks I was talking about. They are a really fun treat to make with your kids.
You will need a few simple ingredients to make these Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels.
- Pretzel Rods
- Candy Melts (I used chocolate, white, lime green and orange)
- Candy eyeballs
- Halloween Sprinkles ( I used a few different colors)
- Sheet pan & baking rack
- Wax or parchment paper
How Do I Make Chocolate Covered Halloween Pretzles?
Start by melting each color of the candy melts separately in the microwave. Once melted, pour each color into a medium bowl or tall glass. I found that dipping them in a tall glass was easier to coat a good portion of the pretzel.
Once dipped, start adding the candy eyeballs randomly. Sprinkle with your favorite Halloween sprinkles. Set on a rack to allow chocolate to dry.
Aren’t these fun! Big kids and little kids will love this frightfully fun Halloween treat. If you plan on making them for a class party, you can wrap them individually in a cellophane treat bag and tie with a colorful Halloween ribbon.
Happy haunting (insert crazy witch laugh here)!
Save this Halloween Pretzel recipe. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
It's all treats and no tricks this Halloween. Scare up some spooky fun at Halloween with these Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels. This easy chocolate covered pretzel recipe is fun to decorate for Halloween.
- 1 Bag Pretzel Rods
- 1 Bag White Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Orange Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Lime Green Candy Melts
- Assorted Fall or Halloween Sprinkles
- Candy Eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a baking rack on top. Set aside.
- Melt candy melts in microwave according to package directions.
- Our each flavor into a tall glass or you can leave in a glass bowl.
- Dip each pretzel rod into the flavor of choice.
- Randomly apply candy eyeballs. Sprinkle with “sprinkles”.
- Set on the baking rack to dry.
- Store in an air-tight container.