Scare up some delicious fun at Halloween with these Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels.
As soon as I flip that trusty old calendar to September, a rush of excitement comes over me. The month of September means that we are one step closer to October, which means we are one day closer to Halloween. I just love Halloween and all the fun fall shenanigans that transpire. What I love even more are all the frightfully cute Halloween treats and snacks. I miss the days of bringing holiday-themed cupcakes and snacks to my kids’ classroom. These Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels are one of those frightfully fun snacks I was talking about. They are a really fun treat to make with your kids.
You will need a few simple ingredients to make these Eye Of Newt Halloween Pretzels.
- Pretzel Rods
- Candy Melts (I used chocolate, white, lime green and orange)
- Candy eyeballs
- Halloween Sprinkles ( I used a few different colors)
- Sheet pan & baking rack
- Wax or parchment paper
Start by melting each color of the candy melts separately in the microwave. Once melted, pour each color into a medium bowl or tall glass. I found that dipping them in a tall glass was easier to coat a good portion of the pretzel.
Once dipped, start adding the candy eyeballs randomly. Sprinkle with your favorite Halloween sprinkles. Set on a rack to allow chocolate to dry.
Aren’t these fun! Big kids and little kids will love this frightfully fun Halloween treat. If you plan on making them for a class party, you can wrap them individually in a cellophane treat bag and tie with a colorful Halloween ribbon.
Happy haunting (insert crazy witch laugh here)!
- 1 Bag Pretzel Rods
- 1 Bag White Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Chocolate Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Orange Candy Melts
- 1 Bag Lime Green Candy Melts
- Assorted Fall or Halloween Sprinkles
- Candy Eyeballs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place a baking rack on top. Set aside.
- Melt candy melts in microwave according to package directions.
- Our each flavor into a tall glass or you can leave in a glass bowl.
- Dip each pretzel rod into the flavor of choice.
- Randomly apply candy eyeballs. Sprinkle with "sprinkles".
- Set on the baking rack to dry.
- Store in an air-tight container.