Prepare a fun and yummy snack for the spooky season with these Monster Rice Krispies Treats. They’re flavorful, adorable, and perfect for children’s parties and Halloween gatherings with family and friends.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Do you want to prepare the perfect Halloween treat for your child’s party at school or for a gathering you’re planning on having at home? If so, these Monster Rice Krispies Treats are an excellent choice.
You won’t need too many ingredients to make them! Most importantly, you can have fun putting these treats together and getting as creative as you’d like. Not only will the treats taste good, but they’ll also look fantastic!
Ingredients Needed to Make Monster RiceKrispies Treats
Make these fun and delicious treats with ease using the following ingredients:
- Rice Krispies Treats. You’ll need at least eight of these cereal bars before you get started.
- Candy Melts. Choose your favorite brand of candy melts!
- Candy Eyeballs. You’ll add the eyeballs to the melted candy after dipping your treats in them.
You may also need a bit of vegetable oil for the candy melts. Halloween sprinkles are another good addition to have, but they’re optional. If you don’t want to use the sprinkles, you don’t have to! The three primary ingredients are all you’ll need to prepare these Monster Rice Krispy Treats for your children, friends, and family.
Can I make the Rice Krispies treats from scratch?
You can make this treat from scratch using the Rice Krispies cereal combined with butter and melted marshmallows. Check out my easy Mummy Rice Krispies Treats for the easy homemade Rice Krispies treats recipe.
However, if you want to keep it simple, consider buying pre-made treats. It makes it that much easier for you to prepare these Halloween treats with ease.
Which candy melts should I use?
Use any brand of candy melts that you like based on how good they melt and how delicious they taste. You may have a specific brand that you prefer. However, be sure to choose Halloween-inspired colors, such as white for ghosts, orange for pumpkins, black for cats, and green for Frankenstein/monsters.
Kitchen Essentials Needed To make These Halloween Snacks?
You’re going to need some parchment paper that you can place on a baking sheet after dipping your treats into the candy melts. It’s also a good idea to have colorful paper straws or lollipop sticks that you can place inside these treats. Hold the straws or sticks while dipping to avoid getting the candy melts on your fingers.
When should I add the eyes?
Place the candy eyes on the treats while the chocolate is still wet and then leave them there to sit. As the chocolate dries, the eyes will stick to the treat and won’t fall off!
How can I store the Monster Rice Krispy Treats?
You can wrap the treats individually in plastic wrap or a lollipop wrapper, tie them with ribbon, and then place them in a large container. You can store them on your countertop or place them in the fridge, depending on how long you need to store them and keep them fresh.
Try These Other Homemade Rice Krispies Treats Recipes
More Easy Halloween Recipes to Try
Save these Halloween Treats for later. Pin these Halloween Monster Rice Krispies to your favorite Pinterest board.
Prepare a fun and yummy snack for the spooky season with these Monster Rice Krispy Treats. They’re flavorful, adorable, and perfect for children’s parties and Halloween gatherings with family and friends.
- 8 rice Krispy treats
- 1/2 cup candy melts
- Large candy eyeballs
- 2-3 tsp vegetable oil (if needed)
- Halloween sprinkles (optional)
- Melt candy melts according to package instructions.
- You can also make the Rice Krispies from Scratch using this recipe
- If the candy coating is not loose enough to dip the Krispy treats and come out smooth, add vegetable oil a teaspoon at a time. And stir fully to incorporate.
- Once the candy melts are smooth dip the end of the straw or stick into the candy melts and then into the rice crispy treat.
Allow to set for 5-7 mins.
- Dip one side of the rice Krispy treat into the chocolate.
- Immediately place candy eyes onto the wet chocolate and let set up on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Add sprinkles for a more festive look if you’d like.
- Parchment lined baking sheet
- Colorful paper straws or lollipop sticks