These easy Halloween Truffles are the perfect chocolate treat to serve at Halloween. Truffles are the perfect no-bake dessert for the chocolate lover in all of us.
Trick or Treat! Where are all my chocolate lovers? Today I am sharing these hauntingly decadent Halloween Truffles that are perfect for your ghoulish celebration. Chocolate seems to be pretty popular this time of year. I think it is safe to say that is the main reason kids go trick or treating door to door.
Truffles are the perfect no-bake dessert for the chocolate lover in all of us. This recipe doesn’t have to be just for Halloween either. Simply change the sprinkle color for whatever the holiday or occasion is. I always make these delicious gems for Christmas and Valentine’s Day.
This recipe has just 3 main ingredients. Um, hello! That’s pretty basic, right? Yep, these Halloween Truffles are super simple to make and even easier to eat. Add chocolate and softened butter to a large bowl. Heat up one cup of heavy cream and pour into the bowl. Stir to melt the butter and chocolate. Pour into a square glass dish and refrigerate for two hours.
Use a small cookie scoop to scoop out the mixture. Rolls each ball by hand and then coat with sprinkles of choice. These babies will store well in an air-tight container. They will be a sweet treat for your boo-witching Halloween.
These easy Halloween Truffles are the perfect chocolate treat to serve at Halloween.
- 12 oz chocolate chips 66% cocoa
- ¼ C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- Halloween colored sprinkles
- 1 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- 1 small ice cream scooper
- 1 9 x9 glass dish
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a small sauce pan, heat heavy whipping cream until slightly boiling
- Pour the hot whipping cream over chocolate mixture in bowl and let stand 2 minutes.
- Using a whisk stir mixture until smooth.
- Using a 9×9 baking pan, pour the mixture into the pan
- Refrigerate at least one hour or until firm enough to shape.
- Pour the halloween sprinkles into a large bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some of the truffle mixture
- Roll the mixture in your hands into a ball
- Roll the truffle into the sprinkles
- Place ball onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps until all truffle mixture is used
- Put each truffle in a container with tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. (or until firm)
- Store in your refrigerator.