These Mummy Rice Krispies Treats are freakishly adorable. This spooky crispy rice cereal Halloween treat is perfect to make for the kids this Halloween.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Riddle me this. Why do mummies have trouble keeping friends? Because they are too wrapped up in themselves. Ok, so that is a super cute Halloween joke, but these fun Halloween Mummy Rice Krispies Treats are no joke. I like to say they are adorable. But mummies are not supposed to be adorable. These Halloween treats are perfect to make for a Halloween party or kids classroom party. As you know Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. It really gets my creative juices flowing. Make sure you check out all of the Halloween recipes and crafts here on the site that you can make too.
Rice Krispies treats are a classic no-bake dessert that kids love. Adults love them too. I especially LOVE these Mickey Rice Krispies treats. The cool thing about Rice Krispies treats is that you can shape them any way you like or use fun cookie cutters to shape them. making these Halloween treats is also a great way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. It’s a fun kids recipe that they can help make too.
Mummy Rice Krispies Treats Recipe Tips and Instructions
Grab a box of Rice Krispies and prepare the mummy treats. Spread “batter” in a 9 x 13 pan. When cool, cut them into rectangles.
Make a simple buttercream frosting for the treats. Beat the ingredients well for an extra fluffy frosting.
Frost the top of each mummy with the frosting using an offset spatula. Try not to eat one yet. Or if you do, it’s your secret.
Roll the fondant out to a 1/4″ thickness and cut into thin strips. Layer sporadically over treats. Add two eyes in the center of the snack.
Halloween Baking Recipe Resources
Meal Plan Game Plan
Add this delicious Mummy Rice Krispies Treats recipe to your Halloween meal plan. Here are a few other items that you can also add to your trick or treating meal plan game plan too.
Main Dish: Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Refreshing Drinks: Monster Float
Eat dessert first!: Candy Corn Cupcakes
Save this Mummy Rice Krispies Treats recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
More Fun Halloween Recipes to Try
These Mummy Rice Krispies Treats are freakishly adorable. This spooky Halloween treat is perfect to make for the kids this Halloween. #halloweentreats #ricekrispiestreats #halloweensnack #mummytreat
- Cooking spray
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups rice cereal
- 1 stick softened butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 16 candy googly eyes
- 5-6 oz. white fondant
- Coat a rectangular pan (13 x 9 inches in size) with cooking
spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add miniature marshmallows and stir constantly until
- Remove marshmallow mixture from heat and add rice cereal.
Fold until well incorporated.
- Press rice cereal treat mixture into coated pan and allow to
set for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the rice cereal treats are set, cut into 8 rectangles.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together softened butter,
confectioners’ sugar and milk. These ingredients will make up the buttercream icing.
- Start beating on low speed and gradually increase to high.
- Once the ingredients are smooth and form semi-stiff peaks,
it is ready.
- Frost each rice cereal treat using an offset spatula.
- Roll out fondant until it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
- Use a paring knife to cut out thin strips from the white
- Place strips all over the frosted rice cereal treats, in no
particular order. Just be sure to leave a space in the upper area for the candy googly eyes.
- Add 2 candy googly eyes on each rice cereal treat.
- Trim any excess fondant.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 851Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 273mgCarbohydrates: 176gFiber: 0gSugar: 145gProtein: 2g