Vanilla Bake Shop Cupcakes
Can we talk about a classic? Vanilla Bake Shop Cupcakes. Enough said. I guess you can either call me a traditionalist or a plain Jane when it comes to cakes and cupcakes because vanilla is my favorite flavor. Not chocolate, not carrot, not strawberry – just plain old vanilla, especially my mom’s vanilla cupcakes.
Recently, my mom and I set out to make a whole bunch of cupcakes (four different flavors to be exact) for Gabrielle’s Sweet 16 Celebration. This recipe is so yummy and Mom has been making this recipe for as long as I can remember.
To begin, line two muffin tins with cupcake liners. This recipe makes 24 cupcakes.
Sift dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
In mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually add the eggs one at a time followed by the milk and vanilla. Gently beat in the dry ingredients just until blended. Batter will be smooth and creamy. Doesn’t this look tasty! I bet you’d love to lick the bowl!
Now, fill the pans 2/3 full and bake at 325º for 17-20 minutes.
Cool completely and frost with your favorite icing. My favorite, my Aunt Jule’s Vanilla Icing, is below. You can top with sprinkles, nuts, coconut or whatever topping you like.
These cupcakes are perfect for any special occasion or just because. What is your favorite kind of cupcake? I hope you enjoy this one.
- 1 3/4 cup Cake Flour
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 sticks Butter room temperature
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners (24)
- Sift dry ingredients.
- In mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat well after each.
- Slowly mix in milk and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredient and beat gently just until incorporated.
- Spoon muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 17-20 minutes.
- Ice with favorite icing (see Vanilla Icing recipe below)
- 2 lbs. sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla
- 2 heaping tablespoons marshmallow topping
- In medium saucepan, add milk and whisk in flour. Cook flour mixture, stirring constantly, until thick. Cool completely
- In mixing bowl, cream Crisco and butter. Beat well!
- Add sifted powdered sugar and beat well - about 3 minutes.
- Add cooked flour paste, one tablespoon at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Then add marshmallow topping and beat about 5 minutes until icing is very fluffy.
Those are GORGEOUS!!!!
Yummy! When everything else is concerned I go for chocolate. But cupcakes must be vanilla.
Oh yum. I think it’s time for me to have breakfast. I’m drooling on my keyboard.
The icing sounds delicious! I make something similar with butter instead of Crisco. I never thought of adding in marshmallow topping – very cool!
Now, I’m hungry wish I had one of these cupcakes to eat! They look so tasty!
Looks delicious!! 🙂 Marshmallow topping is a great idea, must try in my GF version.
So cute. I am a vanilla girl!!!
Gracious those look delicious!!!
Thanks for coming and linking up at #The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST The Midnight Baker ! I hope to see you there!
[email protected] http://www.bakeatmidnite.com
I love vanilla cupcakes, too. Now I want to make some 🙂
YUM! I love cupcakes!!! And the vanilla ones are a classic 🙂 Thanks for linking with us at #foodiefridays!
Your Vanilla Bake Shop Cupcakes look wonderful and I would love to have one right now! Hope you have a great week and thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Your post has been pinned with the party!
Come Back Soon!