Crispy oven roasted potatoes are topped with the perfect nacho ingredients to create a delicious appetizer or side dish.
You guys, you guys, you guys! My favorite season is here! I bet you thought I was talking about fall? No silly, it’s not fall – it’s FOOTBALL season! Can you relate? It’s been a long seven months without a snap. I love football, so to celebrate, I whipped up these delicious Loaded Skillet Potatoes to enjoy while we watch our favorite team.
I have an obsession with potatoes. I love them any which way, you name it. I am also slightly obsessed with my new Cast Iron Skillet. A Cast Iron Skillet makes these Loaded Skillet Potatoes extra crispy and crunchy – just the way I like them! My inspiration for these Loaded Skillet Potatoes comes from my love of nachos AND twice baked potatoes – two of my favorite “picky” foods.”Picky” foods, as I like to call them are perfectly fine to pick at – with your hands…while watching the game. I topped these with the same ingredients. I guess you can call them a potato version of a traditional nacho dish. Sweet!
To prepare these potatoes, I cut them into slices and layered them in the cast iron skillet. I coated them with olive oil and gave them a quick toss. Pop them in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees so they get nice and crispy.
When they are finished, remove from the oven and give them a quick toss. Add a some cheese (lots of cheese!) and some bacon (lots of bacon) and pop them back in the oven for another 10 minutes so the cheese melts. Then, add all your favorite topping ingredients like tomatoes, onions, scallions and a nice drizzle of Sriracha for a nice kick of heat.
- 8 Red Potatoes cut into slices
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbled
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- Sour Cream for garnish
- Sriracha Sauce to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange potato slices in a large cast iron skillet. Season with salt, cayenne and pepper. Toss with olive oil.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese and bacon. Pop back in the oven for 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and top with tomatoes, onion, scallions.
- Add a nice helping of Sriracha Sauce and a dollop of sour cream.
These Loaded Skillet Potatoes make me happy. They are the perfect “football food” to enjoy while watching the game with the family. What is your favorite football food?