For game day or any day, this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is a real crowd pleaser. It’s warm, creamy, and loaded with cheese, chicken, and wing sauce, this decadent appetizer is perfect for parties or ideal for game day tailgating!
Are you ready for some football? The start of the NFL season officially kicks off tomorrow. Hooray! I don’t know about you, but I have a penchant for savory, crunchy dips and appetizers….especially when I am watching the “Big Game” (or yelling at the TV).
We are huge Pittsburgh Steeler fans in this house so having a football kick-off party is always a fun thing to do. Grab some friends, grab some food and grab some beers. Gameday foods and munchies are my Achilles heel.
And, Buffalo Chicken Dip is definitely my favorite. You probably have seen this recipe a million times over the internet but once more won’t hurt, will it?
I know this dip has been popular for some time, but I first had it several years ago while visiting my best friend Gina. I never heard of it until then. Ok, maybe I was living under a rock, but I have certainly made up for my lack of knowledge because it is one of my most requested dishes.
I can’t even tell you how many times I have made it since that wonderful day Gina introduced me to it. This dip is also great because it can be made in a crockpot and kept warm throughout the day.
It is not the most figure friendly dip, but I do make it with low-fat dressing, cream cheese and cheddar so that takes a little of the guilt away. So my dear friends, in honor of my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers and the start of football season, I present to you my favorite dip, my guilty pleasure, my appetizer addiction…Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- 2 8 ounce packages of Neufchatel Cheese
- 1 Cup Light Ranch Dressing
- 2/3 Cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 4 Cups Cooked Chicken finely chopped
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an oval or oblong baking dish with cooking spray.
- Finely chop chicken and set aside.
- In medium sauce pan, add Neufchatel cheese, light ranch dressing, and hot sauce.
- Cook on medium heat until everything is melted.
- Add chicken and one cup cheddar cheese to saucepan and mix together.
- When dip starts to bubble, pour in baking dish and top with remaining one cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until mixture is bubbly
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
In a pinch? A rotisserie chicken you purchase at your local grocery store is great to use with this recipe.
This dip can also be made in a crockpot. Melt all the ingredients on the stove and then transfer to a crockpot and cook on high until bubbly. Once the dip is hot, turn crockpot to warm.
Be sure to top with plenty of cheddar cheese before you bake it. The melted cheddar cheese is so good on top of this dip!
If you are in a hurry, you can use a store-bought rotisserie chicken to save time. It is a real time-saver!
Are you ready for some football? I certainly am. What is your favorite game day food or snack to prepare? I hope this ends up at your game day feast or tailgate party. Enjoy!