When you want to change up your normal pizza routine, try this easy Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels recipe instead. They are a perfect snack or meal option.
This post is sponsored by Mezzetta®. As always, opinions are 100% my own. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
I never met a pizza I didn’t like. We are a pizza-loving family, meaning we enjoy pizza once a week in our house. Pizza is the one meal our whole family enjoys with no arguments whatsoever! I dig the no argument over dinner thing. These Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels are a fun twist on the classic pizza recipe.
As a mom, it is my nature to satisfy everyone in the family – even when things don’t always go as planned. I decided we needed a pizza change, however. It was a decision that I wasn’t sure how my family would react to.
We are all traditionalists but it was time to mix things up. I guess you can say I like to keep my family on their toes. I mixed things up in our weekly meal plan by making these tasty Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels.
They were skeptical at first. “You did what to our pizza?”, they asked. But soon after one bite of these Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels, their “ooohhs” turned to “aahhs!”
For today’s recipe, I am partnering with Mezzetta® Pasta Sauces. I am the first to admit, this farm girl is rather picky about jarred sauces. I am totally shocked at how delicious the flavor is. I have always been a big fan of Mezzetta® olives but had no idea they had a line of pasta sauces.
You see, growing up in an Italian family, we take our pasta sauces very seriously! Let me tell you, these Mezzetta® Pasta Sauces are no joke! Just wholesome delicious flavor in a jar. Mezzetta Pasta sauces come in 12 different recipes. These restaurant quality sauces will definitely bring something special to your table each night. Here are the flavors I tried:
- Truffle, Porcini & Cream
- Whole Garlic & Sweet Basil
- Caramelized Onion & Butter
- Italian Plum Tomato
When it comes to quick meals, sometimes you just have to think outside the box and reinvent something your family loves. That’s where these Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels come in.
This recipe is just plain old fun, a great way to mix up something the whole family loves and make it new again. These babies are great to serve as an appetizer or snack too – think game day or summer gatherings.
How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels!
For this recipe, you can either make your own pizza dough (here is my recipe!) or use a store-bought dough. Totally up to you. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle. I spread about 1/3 cup of the Mezzetta Italian Plum Tomato over the entire dough – just like you are making a pizza.
What Should I Fill These Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels With?
Well, the obvious answer is mozzarella cheese and pepperoni – hence the name Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels. But you can add ANY kind of pizza toppings your family enjoys. I also added chopped red pepper and diced onions too.
Now, start from the end furthest away from you and roll towards you. Use a serrated knife and slice the pinwheels about one inch thick. Place evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Pop these babies into the oven until golden brown.
Pour the remaining Mezzetta Pasta Sauce in a small serving bowl and heat in the microwave until warm. We like to dip our pinwheels into the sauce for some extra delicious flavor.
These pepperoni pizza pinwheels won’t last long. So it’s best to enjoy them as soon as they come out of the oven. Give this recipe a try and leave a comment below about how much you like the Mezzetti Italian Plum Tomato Pasta Sauce that I used.
Try these easy pizza recipe ideas
Save this easy snack recipe for later. Pin these Pepperoni Pinwheels to your favorite Pinterest board.
When you want to change up your normal pizza routine, try this easy Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels recipe instead. They are a perfect snack or meal option. These pinwheels are a fun twist on a classic pizza recipe.
- 16 oz. ball or pizza dough (thawed if frozen)
- 1 jar Mezzetti Italian Plum Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 30 slices of pepperoni
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red peppers
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a dish with a paper towel. Spread pepperoni on a the paper towel and microwave for one minute. Remove from microwave and blot excess grease with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Roll out pizza dough into a 12 x 15 rectangle.
- Spread 1/3 - 1/2 cup of the Mezzetti Italian Plum Tomato Pasta Sauce over the dough. Leave about 1/2 inch space at the edge of the dough.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Spread pepperoni out evenly on top. Sprinkle with diced onions and peppers
- Start from the longest side and roll dough towards you. Use a serrated knife to cup into 12 equal pinwheels.
- Place pinwheels on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 25 - 30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- When ready to serve, heat remaining Pasta Sauce to serve for dipping with the Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels.