Easy roasted fall vegetables are a healthy recipe packed with a lot of flavor. This easy side dish is perfect for a weeknight meal or Thanksgiving holiday dinner. Here are tips on how to roast vegetables.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Today I am taking it back to cooking basics here in the kitchen. This easy roasted fall vegetables recipe is great for a weekday side or a Thanksgiving side dish too.
Fall on our farm is always a very hectic time of year. Even with the current pandemic, thankfully, things haven’t slowed down one bit. The fall season brings a variety of delicious fall vegetables that are ready to be picked and enjoyed.
One of my favorite ways to prepare vegetables is to roast them. I can honestly say that we eat roasted vegetables several times a week during the fall season. Today I want to share just how easy they are to make.
What fall vegetables are good for roasting?
The cool thing about this recipe is the vegetables are interchangeable. Be sure to hit up your local farmers market to find fresh fall vegetables. I shared a lot of helpful farm market shopping tips in this post.
Basically any fall vegetable will work in this recipe. You can pick one, or pick a few from this list. It’s totally up to you. But you certainly don’t have to use them all in this recipe.
Fall Vegetables The Are Great For Roasting
How to Roast Fall Vegetables
It’s best to roast vegetables at a higher oven temperature. I like to roast vegetables in a 400 F. oven
After you clean and cut vegetables, spread vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil. Add herbs, sliced garlic, salt and pepper
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Stir gently after about 20 minutes.
Kitchen Essentials Needed To Make This Recipe
Try These Easy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Breaded Cauliflower
- Green Beans & Bacon
- Rosemary Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- The Best Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Save this oven-roasted vegetables recipe. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ pound (about 2 cups) sweet potatoes, washed and cut into cubes
- ½ head (about 2 cups) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium acorn squash, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, cut in half
- 4-6 carrots, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 1 red onion, cleaned and cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons (3-4 sprigs) fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons (3-4 sprigs) fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons (3-4 sprigs) fresh rosemary
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Clean and cut vegetables
- Spread vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Add herbs, sliced garlic, salt and pepper
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Stir gently after about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool a bit before serving.