Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Ranch Casserole is a comforting meal that will warm your up on a cold day. It’s perfect to make for a quick weeknight dinner.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HowDoYouWasa #CollectiveBias
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. I bet you think I am referring to the upcoming holiday season. While that is a pretty awesome season, I am actually referring to “comfort food season.” Yes, comfort food is my ultimate love. It’s that time of year when the weather starts to turn cold and we look to foods that are warm and filling. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Ranch Casserole is one of my favorite comfort foods. It’s made with my favorites ingredients like rice, chicken, ranch dressing, and WASA Multi Grain Crackers. Extra bonus points for how easy it is to make too.
While WASA crackers are perfect to serve as a snack or appetizer, they also make a delicious crunchy topping for casseroles. WASA Multi Grain has a full-bodied flavor of four perfectly blended, wholesome grains (rye, wheat, oats and barley). The oat flakes and rye bran topping add delicious complexity to each extra-crunchy thick slice. WASA Sesame & Sea Salt Wasa Thins are crispy, thin and oven-baked. At 80 calories per serving and offers 7 grams of whole grains, WASA Sesame & Sea Salt Wasa Thins are perfect for achieving a healthier lifestyle.
Comfort foods don’t have to be complex dishes. Casseroles are not only the perfect comfort food but also the perfect solution for a busy family. This Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Ranch Casserole can be prepped ahead which makes weeknight meals a breeze. Start by combining chicken, rice, fresh broccoli and cheddar cheese in a bowl. Add cream of chicken soup and ranch dressing mix to the bowl. Stir to incorporate.
Pour chicken mixture into a large baking dish. To make the topping, add half of a package of Whole Grain Wasa to a food processor. Pulse to make crumbs. Mix the crumbs together with some cheese and butter. Spread evenly on the chicken. Bake until golden and bubbly.
The Wasa topping gives this casserole a delicious crunch. It balances the creamy chicken ranch mixture so well. It’s hard not to ask for seconds. I believe I have hit the trifecta with this dish….a creamy chicken filling with a ranch flavor and a delicious cheesy crunch! Want to add another fabulous flavor dimension to this casserole? Try adding some cooked bacon. Boom!
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 packets ranch dressing mix
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 package of Wasa Multi Gran crackers about 2 cups
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme optional
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Wasa crackers to make crumbs. You will need about 2 cups for the topping). Add to a medium bowl. Stir in cheddar cheese and melted butter. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add chicken, rice, broccoli and cheddar cheese.
- In a separate, mix soup mix, sour cream, chicken broth and ranch dressing together.
- Add soup mixture to chicken mixture. Gently stir to incorporate.
- Pour in the baking dish. Top with cracker topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.