I’m all for grab and go healthy breakfast ideas at my house. While I love to prepare a nice breakfast each morning for my family, our busy schedules usually get in the way. These delightful strawberry muffins are a perfect option for a quick “grab and go”. They are sweet, moist, and oh so delicious. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch or an anytime treat. Fresh strawberries picked from our fields are the star of this yummy treat.
It is a great recipe to make with the kids too because it is so simple. Be sure to stop by your local farmer’s market and grab some fresh local strawberries before they are gone for the season. Our Jersey strawberries are sadly almost finished for the season so my family makes sure we enjoy them as much as possible.
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? Give this one a try. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them!
- 3½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups Jersey Fresh Strawberries , diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ cup sprinkling sugar
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Line muffin tins with baking cups
- Clean and dice strawberries. Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Sift dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Combine wet ingredients: eggs, milk, vanilla and butter
- In large bowl, add wet ingredients and strawberries to the dry ingredients.
- Gently stir in 1½ cups of sugar. Mix ONLY until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin tins about ⅔ full. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Add sprinkling sugar to top of each muffin
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.
* I tried making half of the muffins without the baking cup liners (just a well-greased tin). Since these muffins are so moist, they had a hard time coming out of the pan. Make sure you line the pans with baking cups.