Rise And Shine Strawberry Muffins
I’m all for grab and go healthy breakfast ideas at my house. While I love to prepare a nice breakfast each morning for my family, our busy schedules usually get in the way. These delightful strawberry muffins are a perfect option for a quick “grab and go”. They are sweet, moist, and oh so delicious. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch or an anytime treat. Fresh strawberries picked from our fields are the star of this yummy treat.
It is a great recipe to make with the kids too because it is so simple. Be sure to stop by your local farmer’s market and grab some fresh local strawberries before they are gone for the season. Our Jersey strawberries are sadly almost finished for the season so my family makes sure we enjoy them as much as possible.
Do you have a favorite muffin recipe? Give this one a try. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them!
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups Jersey Fresh Strawberries diced
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 sticks butter melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sprinkling sugar
- Preheat oven 375 degrees
- Line muffin tins with baking cups
- Clean and dice strawberries. Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Sift dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Combine wet ingredients: eggs, milk, vanilla and butter
- In large bowl, add wet ingredients and strawberries to the dry ingredients.
- Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Mix ONLY until incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full. I use an ice cream scoop.
- Add sprinkling sugar to top of each muffin
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until done.
Makes 24 muffins.
* I tried making half of the muffins without the baking cup liners (just a well-greased tin). Since these muffins are so moist, they had a hard time coming out of the pan. Make sure you line the pans with baking cups.
Holy COW those look good! I have to convert to GF, but YUMMY! My girls would gobble those down, unless I beat them too it…
I have never had a strawberry muffin, but man do those look delicious!
Can I just say YUM!!!! I, too, would have to make them GF!
We love strawberry muffins and especially this time of year! These look delicious! YUM:)
I can’t wait for my strawberries to be rip and pickable. We’ll make these for sure! YUM! Thanks for linking at The Yuck Stops Here. I hope you’ll link up again next week!
I have never made strawberry muffins before. I will have to give these a try. Thanks again for linking up to The Creative Exchange! xo, Laura
Hi Melissa, yum you are making me crave a strawberry muffin! I have never baked one before. Thank you for the inspiration!