This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
My Christmas cookie baking bonanza is in full swing and I just had to share this Soft and Chewy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with you. If you are a fan of moist brownies, you will love this easy classic chocolate crinkles recipe. These chocolate gems are rolled in confectioners’ sugar before they are baked, resulting in a crackled cookie that is slightly crisp on the outside but so moist and chewy on the inside.
Crinkles have been around for a long time. My mom has been making this recipe as long as I can remember. I usually double this recipe because AJ can’t stop at just one. But then again, when it comes to a soft brownie-like cookie, who really can.
Oh, and these fudgy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are great to share at a holiday cookie exchange. Considering making a batch or two if you are hosting or participating in a Cookie Swap this year.
Try These Easy Cookies Recipes Here On The Farm Girl Gabs
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
How To Make Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
I like to start this recipe by whisking the dry ingredients in a bowl. This lightens the mix and incorporates the salt and baking powder into the flour and cocoa powder. Set this aside.
Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer and beat the sugar and oil together. Gradually add in eggs and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Chill the batter for at least four hours.
When mixture is chilled, use a teaspoon size cookie scoop to scoop out a portion. The batter will be soft and not a thick dough, so don’t worry. Add some powdered sugar to a bowl. Roll each teaspoon-sized portion in the confectioners sugar and place on a baking sheet.
Try These Easy Cookies Recipes
Save these easy Chocolate Crinkles Cookie recipe. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are a family favorite Christmas cookies. These moist brownie-like cookies aren't just for Christmas though. You can enjoy this cookie's chocolaty goodness all year long.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Start by whisking the dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking powder) in a bowl. Set this aside.
- Use a stand mixer or a hand mixer and beat the sugar and oil together. Gradually add in eggs and vanilla. Slowly mix in the flour mixture until incorporated.
- Chill the batter for at least four hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add 1/4 cup of confectioner's sugar to a bowl. Use a teaspoon or small cookie scoop to scoop out a portion of the batter. Coat each ball with the confectioner's sugar and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.