I admit, I am not always the most creative cocktail curator on the planet. I always tend to stick to my tried and true favorites. Every once in a while, however, I come up with a cocktail that is really, really, really, really, REALLY GOOD! Enter this Peppermint Patty Chocolate Martini. It is DA-BOMB!
I have a weakness for peppermint hot chocolate, especially during the holidays and winter months. This recipe is a kicked up, boozed up take on my favorite classic hot chocolate. For this simple recipe, melted chocolate is combined with light cream, vanilla vodka, and peppermint schnapps to create a delicious adult drink.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 pint light cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup vanilla vodka (add more if desired)
- ¼ cup peppermint schnapps
- 15 peppermint candies, crushed in food processor
- In medium saucepan, combine chocolate, sugar and light cream. Cook over medium heat until chocolate is melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- After chocolate is cooled, strain into a pitcher.
- Gradually stir in vanilla vodka and peppermint schnapps.
- Crush peppermint candies in a food processor. Dump on a plate.
- Wet the rims of two martini glasses and dip glasses into crushed peppermint candy.
- Pour Peppermint Patty Martini into glasses and serve.
It sounds complicated but is so easy. It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare and can be made ahead of time. It’s perfect to serve during the holidays or even in the fall and winter months. Your guests will not be disappointed! Yes, it’s that good! You can thank me later. I would love to hear what your think of it. Cheers!