Coleslaw isn’t just for picnics. Take your coleslaw to a new level with this tasty Apple Raisin Coleslaw. Ready in just 10 minutes, this southern coleslaw recipe is topped with a creamy homemade dressing. It’s the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
You guys! I am so excited to share this Apple Raisin Coleslaw recipe with you today. Did you ever enjoy a recipe so much at a restaurant that you had to find a way to recreate it at home? Yep. This coleslaw was one of those “I gotta figure out how to make this” recipes. I enjoyed the original at the Rope And Anchor located in the Hilton Penns Landing in Philadelphia a few years ago. It was deee-licious! I even went back for seconds. So, I created my own version and I must say….it’s pretty darn good.
While I firmly believe that coleslaw isn’t just for picnics, you definitely need to save this coleslaw recipe and serve it as a side dish for your next barbecue. Everyone will love it!
Funny thing is, I don’t really even like coleslaw. I never eat it. Once I tried it though, this Apple Raisin Coleslaw Recipe got me hook, line and sinker!
I like to think of it as a twist on the traditional coleslaw recipe. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty. Raisins, apples and honey balance out the traditional flavors of the slaw dressing and cabbage. I even added some toasted walnuts for some extra crunch.
This slaw is really easy to make too. In just 10 minutes, this yummy coleslaw recipe can be on the table. Cut down on time by purchasing the shredded coleslaw mix at the grocery store. This recipe is the perfect side dish to serve at a summer picnic or barbecue, The slightly sweet dressing along with the addition of the raisins, apples, and walnuts add a modern twist to classic coleslaw.
- 1 head cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 large apple, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat a skillet on medium. Add chopped walnuts and toast for 5 minutes. Stir frequently so they do not burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, apple, raisins, and walnuts to a large bowl. Mix to incorporate. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over cabbage mixture and stir together.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300