Sausage Tomato Goat Cheese Tarts
Are you looking for a sophisticated yet simple appetizer to serve are your next party? These Sausage Tomato Goat Cheese Tarts are the perfect solution. They are light, flavorful and really delicious! Another bonus – these tarts can also serve as a light dinner along with a salad.
Oh, the joy of the holiday season!Today I am going Gaga for Goat Cheese. I love to cook with goat cheese. It’s a softer, mild cheese that is perfect in dips and fillings. For these Sausage, Tomato & Goat Cheese tarts, I used quality brand Joan of Arc® Garlic Herb goat cheese and frozen puff pastry dough to create a recipe that looks pretty elegant but is super easy to throw together. I always make sure I have puff pastry in my freezer. You never know when you are going to need a quick appetizer like these tarts.
To begin, I roll out the puff pasty into a rectangle. I cut six squares and them score a round circle in the center of each by using the rim of a small glass.
I then place a tomato slice in the center of each puff pastry square. Top each tomato with some crumbled Joan of Arc Garlic Herb cheese, sausage, fresh basil and a sprinkle of freshly grated parmesan. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
The end result are these flaky cheese-filled tarts. I love to WOW! my guest with easy appetizers like these. Using frozen puff pastry dough saves time and makes these tarts look so fancy – like I have been slaving away in the kitchen all day. Little do they know that these delicious tarts only took 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to bake.
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough thawed
- 1 4 oz. package Joan of Arc® Garlic Herb goat cheese
- 1 small tomato sliced
- 3/4 cup cooked italian sausage removed from casing
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unwrap puff pastry sheet and roll out so it is smooth.
- Using a knife, cut puff pastry into 6 equal size squares.
- Use a small glass to score a circle in the center of each square. This will all the outside edges to puff up around the center filling.
- Place one tomato slice, some crumbled Joan of Arc® goat cheese, and sausage in the center of each square.
- Sprinkle each square with parmesan cheese and top with chopped basil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Are you “Gaga For Goat Cheese?” What is your favorite goat cheese recipe? Leave me a comment below. I would love to hear.
Melissa, Goat cheese and sausage is a great combination. LOVE anything with puff pastry too! These will go on my must-try list!!!
looks like a tasty combination, great for this season!
Wow those look amazing and I love the cup trick to make the circle! This will be on my apps list for my next party, yay!
These tarts look so fancy – I love the simple ingredients though!! Yum!
These look delicious. I would happily add goat cheese to anything!
GET IN MY BELLY. I <3 goat cheese! Now I need to find a way to make a gluten free version, sigh…
I love how easy and elegant your appetizer is! It would be fairly easy to make it gluten-free, too.
These look so fabulous! I love puff pastry appetizers and ALL things goat cheese. Plus, they’re adorable 🙂
These look super fun to make. Hmmm, now I’m thinking about our weekend dinners. Yum.
These look so amazing! Your photos are beautiful!
Brlialince for free; your parents must be a sweetheart and a certified genius.