No game day celebration is complete without the wings! These Baked Honey Sesame Wings will score big points at your party!
Do you celebrate the “Big Game” in your house? Have you started to think about your Game Day menu yet? I love “homegating”! It give us a wonderful opportunity to spend time with family and friends cheering on our favorite team. And, while my favorite team may not be headed to the “Big Game” this year, hosting a Game Day party is a perfect excuse for a get-together.
Today, I have an easy wing recipe for you to try. How does Baked Honey Sesame Wings sound to you? Pretty good, huh??!! I’ll admit, I get a little tired of the traditional Buffalo Wings, but no Game Day party is complete without them. I feel I need to change things up a bit and this recipe does the trick. And best of all, they are BAKED and not fried.
I also love the simplicity of this recipe. Create an easy marinade, marinate the chicken for at least an hour, bake for 30 minutes and BAM!, you have an delicious appetizer to enjoy with your guest while the watching the game! The marinade is perfect for boneless chicken breasts too.
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (add more to take if you like)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 2½ - 3 lbs. chicken wings
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl or plastic bag, combine all the ingredients, except the chicken, and mix well.
- Add Chicken to the marinade and cover.
- Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 3 hours.
- Remove wings from marinade when finished and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Top with sesame seeds and scallions before serving, if desired
How are you planning to celebrate the “Big Game?” If you need more Game Day recipe ideas, click here for some of my other Game Day Bites recipes.
Be sure to check out my Pinterest Dips, Snacks & Apps board for even more Game Day recipes.