I feel like I am in a holiday coma? I love the holidays but they go so fast and I get so sad when the are over. But hey, less than one year until next Christmas, right!! Now that our farm is closed for the winter months, the holidays and winter months signify family time for us. It also is a time that we get to catch up with friends and family in a more relaxed atmosphere.
These Ham & Cheese Quiche Bites are great for entertaining. I needed a quick appetizer for a recent impromptu get-together at my house. This easy appetizer is simple and equally delicious. It is the perfect appetizer for Game Day, the holidays or any type of get-together.
I considered using frozen puff pastry dough when BAM!,I opened my refrigerator and a package of wonton wrappers were staring me right in the face. Never underestimate the versatility of a wonton wrapper — they are not just for making wontons and Chinese dumplings.
After I fill each up with the egg mixture, I add the finely diced ham and shredded cheese to the top of each Quiche cup.
When they come out of the oven, it is a perfect combination of crispy and savory. I love the crispness of the baked wonton wrapper. Don’t these look delicious. I love quick appetizers that only take a short amount of time to prepare. These take only 30 minutes to prep and bake!
So simple. Try them and let me know what you think.
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup ham, finely diced
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray Mini-Muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Gently line each muffin tin with one wonton wrapper. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, light cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Beat well.
- Fill each muffin tin ⅔ full with egg mixture.
- Top each quiche cup with the diced ham and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until light brown on top.