3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip
Searching for an easy dip recipe that is a real crowd-pleaser? This 3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip recipe is loaded with zesty flavor, and is the perfect appetizer for any occasion, whether you’re watching a football game or simply enjoying the company of your loved ones!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Rotel Sausage Dip
I love a good party dip. It’s a weakness. Homemade dips are perfect for game day, holidays, parties or family gatherings, or just plain old snacking. If you love a cheesy dip, then definitely add this 3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip to your party menu. This crowd favorite is an easy appetizer that will be the hit of the party.
Have you ever tasted sausage dip? If not, you’re missing out! With a few simple ingredients, you’ll have the creamiest, most flavorful dip ready to serve and eat with some of your favorite foods.
You can dip nearly anything into this concoction, such as French bread, corn chips, pretzels, tortilla chips, celery sticks, and SO much more. If you want to make an impressive dip that won’t take much effort, time, or too many ingredients, follow this recipe to get started!
Why Make the 3-Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip?
Wondering why you should make this great dip recipe? If so, these are a few good reasons to grab the necessary ingredients and get started!
- It’s super flavorful. The three ingredients pair perfectly together to create a perfect dip that you can enjoy with every bite.
- It’s so easy. Who doesn’t love a simple side that is easy to whip up in the kitchen with ONLY three ingredients? It’s super convenient and takes little to no effort to prepare something so good.
- The 3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip is a hot dip recipe that only takes 20 minutes to make! You can make it on the spot and have it ready to serve in no time.
- It’s the perfect party dip for watching the big game.
3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip Ingredients
So, what are the three essential ingredients needed to prepare this incredibly tasty dip?
- Hot Sausage: You can use any brand of hot spicy sausage. However, a roll of Jimmy Dean is an excellent choice because it’s so flavorful. (You can also substitute ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, or any mild sausage if you don’t like a spicy dip).
- Cream Cheese: Grab a block of cream cheese and cut it into cubed pieces.
- Rotel: Grab your can of original Rotel tomatoes and green chilies. Don’t drain it!
- Garnish Ideas: Finish off this easy sausage dip with a garnish of green onion, jalapenos, cilantro, or fresh tomatoes.
In addition to these three ingredients, you can serve the dip with tortilla chips and anything else you like to eat with the dip!
Can I store this dip in the fridge and save it for later?
Yes. If you put the Rotel Sausage Dip in an airtight container, you can keep it refrigerated for up to three days.
Can I drain the Rotel?
No, it’s best not to drain it because the liquid will make this dip creamier, so it’s going to taste that much better while having the perfect texture.
Do I need to brown the meat first?
Yes! Before adding your ingredients to your slow cooker, be sure to brown your sausage in a pan on the stove.
Then add the browned sausage to a small crock pot with your cream cheese and Rotel and allow it to cook for one hour, letting all the flavors come together to create the most delicious dip you’ve ever tasted.
Is this dip spicy?
The dip has a slight kick to it. If you want to make it spicier, you can add sliced jalapenos into the slow cooker with the rest of your ingredients. Of course, this is completely optional.
Make a delicious dip with three simple ingredients. You can serve this with just about anything, such as bell peppers, carrot sticks, pita chips, and even pub pretzels.
Best Dip Kitchen Essentials
More Favorite Dip Recipes
Roasted Corn & Black Bean Salsa
3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip
Searching for an easy dip recipe that is a real crowd-pleaser? This 3 Ingredient Rotel Sausage Dip recipe is loaded with zesty flavor, and is the perfect appetizer for any occasion
- 1 lb. hot sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 1 (8oz) block cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 (10-oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- Tortilla chips, for servings
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat brown the hot sausage, breaking up the sausage as it cooks.
- Drain off any excess oil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add cubed cream cheese, and 1 can of Rotel.
- Stir frequently until the cream cheese melts and everything combines into a dip.
- Serve immediately warm with tortilla chips.