Brownie Conversation Hearts are the perfect sweet ending on Valentine’s Day.
I think you know by now that Valentine’s Day is my jam. I made these adorable Brownie Conversation Hearts for the family over the weekend and I just had to share them with you. These delicious treats are perfectly easy to make for class parties, family or friends. I’m not going to lie, I miss the days of baking treats for class parties. Now that I have two teenagers in the house, I love to find fun ways this special day at home.
Brownies are always a hit for any party. What’s not to love about their chocolate goodness. For these treats, I baked the brownie batter in this really neat silicone heart baking pan. I purchased it last year on clearance and never had a chance to use it yet. I tend to be a “baking pan hoarder” and forgot I even had one. My bad.
I used a boxed brownie batter to save time. Allow the hearts to cool completely. Grab some chocolate frosting, you can either make your own or use the frosting in a can. Ice each heart – just like a cake.
Now, grab a can of vanilla frosting. Mix half of the frosting with pink food coloring, and the other half with purple. For the next part, fill a pastry bag with one of the colors. I used a small writing tip too. If you don’t have a pastry bag, no problem! Fill a quart-sized food storage bag and trim a small section of the corner off to make your writing tip. Write some fun sentiments you see on the popular candy conversation hearts, or create your own. Get creative and repeat with the other color.
They say food is the way to someone’s heart. Capture you Valentine’s heart this year by baking some of these Brownie Conversation Hearts.
- 1 Box of brownie mix prepared according to package directions.
- 1 Can Chocolate Frosting
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- Heart Shaped Baking Pan
- Pastry Bag and Writng Tips.
- Red & Purple Food Coloring
- Mix brownies according to package directions.
- Fill heart-shaped pan and bake 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Ice each brownie heart with the chocolate frosting.
- Divide vanilla frosting into two bowls. Mix one bowl with a few drops of red food coloring to make pink frosting. Mix the other bowl with purple.
- Fill pastry bag and pipe Conversation words onto each frosted heart
Be sure to check out these other great Valentine’s Day ideas from the blog.