This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SendSweetness #CollectiveBias
It’s the season of love, and we are celebrating with a sweet ending like these Strawberries And Cream Doughnuts topped with M&M’s® Strawberry. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays. I am a pretty lucky gal who gets celebrate her wedding anniversary and Valentine’s Day back to back. It ‘s two-day celebration around here that involves our kids too. What better way to celebrate the season of love than with these Strawberry And Cream Doughnuts topped with M&M’s® Strawberry and a nice box of DOVE® Valentine’s Day chocolates. Tie the special thoughts and sentiments together with a nice American Greetings® card and you have yourself one special Valentine’s Day.
My family loves doughnuts. Usually, doughnuts involve running to the local bakery to grab a few for the family. I had this doughnut pan staring in the face every time I opened my cabinet door. For some reason, have accumulated a wealth of various baking pans. So, I decided to put the doughnut pan to work and make some myself. These Strawberries And Cream Doughnuts are simple, quick and baked (not fried). Yum!
Strawberries are the star of this show. Fresh strawberries are mixed in the batter and these delightful gems are topped with a Strawberry Cream Cheese frosting and sprinkled with M&M’s® Strawberry which I found at Wal Mart.
These doughnuts have a delicate muffin-like texture. The fresh strawberries not only add to the delicious flavor but also make these gems moist. I also added some strawberry jam to the batter to further enhance their flavor. When the muffins are completely cooled. I dipped them in a cream cheese frosting (that’s the cream part). I then topped each with a generous amount of the crushed M&M’s® Strawberry.
I am sure these delicious treats with definitely brighten someone’s day. My hubby and kids really enjoyed test-tasting them. Of course, when you pair them with a nice tin of DOVE® Valentine’s Day chocolates and an American Greetings® Valentine’s Day card, you will totally make a LOT of brownie points with the person on the receiving end. They are also perfect for school parties too. Your kids’ classmates will love them.
I am not sure what appeals to me most about Valentine’s Day – the sweet treats, cute Valentine crafts or the red and pink decorations. I think it is a combination of both. Plus, it is the season of love and my anniversary falls on the very next day. So much fun.
All of the supplies and ingredients for these doughnuts can be found at Wal Mart. I made sure I picked up a few extra DOVE® Valentine’s Day tins and American Greetings® Valentine’s Day cards to give to some special friends and family too. Right now, you can save $1.00 on ANY TWO (2) M&M’s® Brand Chocolate Candies, 8oz or larger. Grab the coupon here.
So, how are you planning to surprise your Valentine this year? With a card? A romantic dinner? Hopefully, you can treat them to one of these delicious Strawberries And Cream Doughnuts topped with M&M’s® Strawberry. They are the perfect sweet ending.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup fresh strawberries finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>1 extra large egg beaten</span>
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Glaze
- 6 ounces cream <g class="gr_ gr_126 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="126" data-gr-id="126">cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 3-4 tablespoons whole milk
- 3/4 cup crushed M&M's® Strawberry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.</span>
- Spray 2 doughnut pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crush M&M's® Strawberry and set aside.
- Mix dry doughnut ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together strawberry jam, milk, egg, vanilla and melted butter.</span>
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet. Mix by hand just until incorporated.
- Carefully fill the doughnut tin 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
To make Strawberry Cream Cheese Glaze
Add softened cream cheese, sifted powdered sugar and jam to a bowl. Beat well with a hand mixer.
- Gradually add in 3 tablespoons milk and continue beating until desired consistency is reached. If the frosting is too thick, add more milk, one tablespoon at a time.
- Dip each doughnut in the frosting and sprinkle with M&M's® Strawberry.