Use this Mediterranean Quesadillas recipe to prepare a cheesy meat-free meal full of fresh vegetables. These quesadillas are perfect to eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
What Are Mediterranean Quesadillas?
Mediterranean Quesadillas are a unique type of quesadilla consisting of Mediterranean-style ingredients without any meat. While traditional quesadillas may include chicken and cheese, these quesadillas contain two types of cheese with several veggies, including tomatoes and spinach.
They’re healthy, low in calories, and absolutely delicious. You can assemble these quesadillas with ease and prepare them in minutes in a skillet on the stove.
The Ingredients to Make Mediterranean Quesadillas
If you’d like to make the Mediterranean Quesadillas, these are the ingredients you’ll need to make them:
- Cherry Tomatoes. Dice your cherry tomatoes into small pieces.
- Red Onion. Chop your red onion into small pieces to add to your tortillas with the cheese and tomatoes.
- Spinach. Use fresh spinach in this recipe. You can chop it into smaller pieces.
- Mozzarella Cheese. Use a cup of any brand of shredded mozzarella cheese that you’d like.
- Tortillas. You can’t make the quesadillas without having large tortillas to use!
You’ll also need about a ½ cup of feta cheese to complete this recipe. With such simple ingredients, you can make a healthy and delicious meal to eat at any time of the day.
Free Printable! Download Your Copy Today!
Can I use frozen spinach?
It’s best to use fresh spinach when preparing the Mediterranean Quesadillas. Not only does it have a better taste, but it’s also not too wet. The frozen spinach tends to contain excess water.
Do I have to use red onion?
The red onion has a prominent taste that enhances the flavor of these meatless Mediterranean Quesadillas. If you’re not too fond of the flavor, you can use yellow onion or Spanish onion in the recipe. If you don’t like onions at all, you can leave them out of this recipe.
Which tortillas should I use in this recipe?
The specific brand of the tortillas doesn’t matter too much. Use what you can find! However, make sure you’re selecting burrito-size tortillas to prepare this meal so that they’re large enough for you to prepare the quesadillas.
How many quesadillas does this recipe make?
If you follow this recipe, you can quickly make three Mediterranean Quesadillas in no time. It’s the perfect recipe to follow when you’re making lunch for yourself, your significant other, and your child because you’ll have enough food for everyone.
How long do I need to cook the tortillas?
Expect to cook your tortillas for a minimum of three minutes per side. You want to allow the tortillas to cook in the skillet until they have a golden color to them. Make sure the cheese is melting during this process!
Can I save the leftovers to eat later?
You can save your leftover Mediterranean Quesadillas for later. Simply put them in a food storage container or food storage bag and place them in the fridge. They’ll stay fresh! You can reheat them in the air fryer or microwave when you’re ready to eat those leftovers.
Try These Easy Sandwich Recipes
Save this easy quesadilla recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board
- 12 diced cherry tomatoes – Sliced in 4th’s (about 3 cherry tomatoes per quesadilla)
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup fresh chopped spinach
- ½ cup feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 burrito size tortillas
- Combine cherry tomato, spinach, red onion, and cheeses in a medium bowl.
- Place a small amount of oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Place tortilla in the pan and place ⅓ of the filling on one side of each tortilla and fold it in half.
- Cook tortillas on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side, until each side is lightly golden and cheese is fully melted.
- Cut into 3 triangle slices and serve with your choice of toppings.
- These store well in the fridge and heat up well in an air fryer. Enjoy!