This buffalo chicken salad sandwich is so tasty! Packed with chicken fruit and veggies, It’s the perfect sweet and spicy chicken salad sandwich recipe for lunch or dinner.
I love me a good Sammy. And this sandwich is pretty amazing! It’s loaded with fruits and veggies and is bursting with flavor. It’s a little sweet, a little spicy, and more than a little delicious. My family LOVES all thing Buffalo Chicken. My Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe is always a hit at any party I throw too.
Try This Delicious RecipeI get tired of the same old boring sandwiches. As they say, variety is the spice to life. You can serve this for lunch, or brunch, weekend suppers, or busy weeknights. You can make it ahead and keep it in the refrigerator, and when you’re ready to serve it, just give it a good stir, and spoon it onto your favorite bread, rolls, croissant’s or into lettuce cups. You’ll keep this one in the favorites.
I love how the fruit in this recipe balances the spicy buffalo sauce flavor. It’s just the right amount of sweetness to make this sandwich unique. It is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Buffalo Chicken Salad?
- Chopped Chicken – a rotissiere chicken works great
- Celery – washed and chopped
- Sweet Red Pepper – washed and chopped
- Green Onions – peeled and chopped
- Carrots – peeled and chopped
- Green and black grapes – washed and chopped
- Your Favorite Sweet Apple – washed and chopped
- Pineapple Chunks
FOR THE DRESSING:
Let’s get the party started. Here is how to make this easy buffalo chicken salad sandwich.
Add the chopped celery, red bell pepper, green onions, carrots, green and black grapes, apple, and pineapple chunks. Mix the dressing with the salad ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sandwich Making Kitchen Essentials
This recipe had me at Buffalo. It’s good. Like really good. Give it a try and let me know what you think. These kitchen tools are helpful to have on hand when making this zesty chicken salad sandwich.
- 3 cups of chopped chicken (we used 2 large baked breasts)
- 1/2 cup of celery - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of green onions - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of carrots - peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of green and black grapes - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup honey crisp apple - washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks - drained
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of franks Buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 1/8 cup of pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
If you're baking the chicken breasts, place the breasts in a glass dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake on 400 degrees for about an hour, or until the juices run clear. Remove from oven and let cool before chopping. If you're buying already prepared chicken breasts, just remove the skin, and place on a chopping mat, and cut chicken into small bite size pieces.
Place chicken in a large serving bowl, and add the chopped celery, red bell pepper, green onions, carrots, green and black grapes, apple, and pineapple chunks.
Place bowl in the refrigerator while you make the dressing.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, buffalo sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, and minced garlic, until smooth and creamy.
Remove the bowl of chicken salad from refrigerator, and pour the dressing over the chicken salad. Toss with two spoons to coat chicken, fruit and vegetables in dressing.
Serve immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
When ready to serve, stir the chicken salad well before placing on bread, rolls, croissant's, or on a bed of lettuce.
May be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.