Lighted Snowman Picture
Decorate your home for the holiday season with this easy-to-make Lighted Snowman Picture. It’s fun to put together and perfect for hanging up around the home to get into the holiday spirit.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Do you get excited about the Christmas season? Most people look forward to celebrating the holidays with loved ones while opening presents and eating delicious food as a family. Of course, when you want to get everyone into the holiday spirit, the perfect way to do so is to decorate different rooms.
You can decorate your home with this Lighted Snowman Picture, an easy craft that won’t take long for you to complete. Once you’ve made the lighted picture, be sure to place it in an open spot where everyone can see it.
What You’ll Need to Make the Lighted Snowman Picture
Before you can make this lighted picture, you’ll need the following materials to get started:
- Gift Bag with Light Sources. Grab a gift bag with light sources, such as snowmen and Christmas trees. You can find these gift bags at Hallmark stores.
- 8×10 or 5×7 Picture Frame. Grab an 5×7 or 8×10 picture frame, depending on the size of your snowman picture. You can get the picture frame from the dollar store.
- Battery Operated Lights. Grab battery operated lights in white, green, or red colors.
- Clear Tape. Be sure to buy and use clear tape.
- Twine. While it’s optional, you can add twine to your picture.
- Scissors. Use the scissors to cut the twine if you’re using it.
How to Make the Lighted Snowman Picture
Cut your bag to fit your frame inside it.
Remove any ribbon and replace it with twine if you’d like to do so.
Tape your lights on the back of your bag using clear tape.
Be sure to place the lights in light source spots.
Add double the bulbs to make it even brighter.
Put your frame back together while keeping the glass attached to the frame.
Weave your battery pack and the end of your lights to the back of your picture frame, taping it down to keep it in place. It’s that simple!
How long will it take for me to make the Lighted Snowman Picture?
It should only take you around 15 minutes to make this decorative piece. It’s a simple and fun craft to complete alone or with loved ones. You can even get the kids to help you with this craft.
What should I do with the lighted picture after I make it?
Once you’ve made your lighted holiday picture, you can place it anywhere in the home to put it out on display for others to see. You may want to make several of these pictures to put in different spots. These lighted pictures make great gifts for loved ones, too!
Can I do this craft with different types of holiday bags?
Yes! As long as you’re using holiday bags with a light source, you can create all different types of lighted pictures that go with the holiday season.
More Easy Christmas Craft ideas
Save this easy Christmas Craft for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Lighted Snowman Picture
Decorate your home for the holiday season with this easy-to-make Lighted Snowman Picture. It’s fun to put together and perfect for hanging up around the home to get into the holiday spirit. This DIY Christmas craft is made with a gift bag and a dollar store frame. It is a fun dollar store Christmas craft.
- Gift bag that has light sources, such as snowmen, vehicles, Christmas trees, houses, wreaths: dollar tree, hallmark or hobby store
- 8x10 or 5x7 frame that can set on a table and also fits the size bag you choose: dollar tree
- Battery operated lights – green, yellow, or white: dollar tree
- Tape, clear or masking: dollar tree
- Twine if needed: dollar tree
- Cut bag to fit inside frame.
- If holes are visible through frame, remove ribbon if desired, and replace with twine.
- Tape lights onto back of bag, carefully placing lights to shine at light sources.
- Double up the bulbs to shine extra bright.
- Put frame back together, keeping glass in the frame. Weave end of lights and battery pack to the back of frame.
- Tape battery pack to back of frame.
- Set out for display or give as a gift.