Today is the first day of spring, and guess what? We are expecting a COLD, SNOWY, WINTERY MIX to blanket our area. Noooooooooooo! Go figure. Mother Nature really does work in mysterious ways.
I’m going to put my blinders on and pretend that the first day of spring here in New Jersey is sunny and 75! I am also going to enjoy this delicious Raspberry Margarita to celebrate the first day of spring, no matter what the weather is like. This drink reminds me of spring and warmer weather. I am a fruity drink type of gal and margaritas are my favorite. This one is made with fresh raspberries, another one of my favorite fruits.
You can’t beat a sweet and juicy raspberry. For this margarita, I simply made a raspberry simple syrup by combining six ounces of fresh raspberries with water and sugar. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Let cool and then pop in the blender to puree. I strained the raspberry simple syrup through a cheese cloth to remove all the seeds.
Mix it all up in a cocktail shaker and Voila! You got yourself and delicious cocktail perfect not just for spring, but any time of the year! Remember, it’s always 5 o’clock somewhere. Celebrate the first day of spring with this refreshing Raspberry Margarita.
- 6 ounces Driscoll raspberries
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 limes 1/4 cup liquid
- 1/4 cup Jose Cuervo Tequila
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 1/2 cup raspberry simple syrup
- Kosher salt
- In medium saucepan, combine raspberries, water and sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- Puree in a blender and drain through a cheese cloth.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1/4 cup lime juice, 1/4 cup Tequila, 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, and 1/2 cup simple syrup.
- Wet rim of margarita glass with lime juice and dredge rim in Kosher salt.
- Pour content of shaker into the margarita glass. Garnish with lime wedge and whole raspberries.