This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PourMoreFun #CollectiveBias
There is something about the taste of lemon that I find so refreshing. I am not much of a carbonated beverage drinker so when I need to quench my thirst, I usually turn to water or lemonade to do the trick. Have you tried Country Time Lemonade Starters yet? They come in three flavors, Berry Lemonade, Classic Lemonade, Half Lemonade & Half Iced Tea, and are the perfect answer to satisfy your thirst.
These are so convenient and affordable too. Buying one bottle will help keep your cost down because it is so versatile. With a bottle, make many quick individual glasses or a pitcher full to feed a crown – simply by adding the perfect amount of Country Time Lemonade Starters to the amount of water indicated in the directions. I love the affordability of Country Time Lemonade Starters because it can also be used in baking too. It’s a win-win all around. These varieties have 50% less sugar than leading regular sodas and they are flavored with real lemon juice. Lemonade is a beverage that my whole family enjoys and Country Time Lemonade Starters are the perfect option.
I enjoyed the Classic Lemonade variety so much that I used it to make one of my favorite quick breads – Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread! This bread reminds me of spring and is refreshingly perfect to serve on Easter.
You can find all three of the Country Time Lemonade Starters varieties at your local Wal Mart. Wal Mart will be hosting demos on this product in March and April. You can check to see if your local Wal Mart is hosting a demo in March by clicking here. You can check to see if your local Wal Mart is hosting a demo in April by clicking here. I was also able to find all the ingredients I needed to make my Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread at Wal Mart as well.
I love to make quick breads because, well, they’re QUICK. Mix a few ingredients together in a bowl, bake and in no time you have a delicious bread for breakfast, dessert or snack.
This Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is packed with flavor. The Country Time Lemonade Starter, Classic Lemon Flavor adds a nice refreshing lemon flavor to the bread while the poppy seeds adds a nutty taste. And the lemon glaze really sets it apart. Lots of lemon love going on here. Delicious!
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup Country Time Lemonade Starters Classic Lemonade flavor
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Lemon Glaze
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Country Time Lemonade Starters Original Lemon flavor
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, poppy seeds and lemon rind.
- In small bowl, mix together all the liquid ingredients - Country Time Lemonade Starters-Classic Lemonade flavor, milk, oil, vanilla and egg.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated.
- Pour batter into a greased bread pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Wait 5 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely.
- To Make Glaze, combine powdered sugar, Country Time Lemonade Starters-Classic Lemonade flavor and vanilla.
- Drizzle over cooled bread.
- Allow glaze to harden for about an hour.
This recipe is definitely a win-win combination! Plus, it is enhanced with Country Time Lemonade Starter. I hope you give both of these a try. I would love to hear what your favorite Country Time Lemonade Starters flavor is. Leave a comment below.