Easy Homemade Chicken Corn Chowder
Warm up on a cold day with a bowl of this hearty Chicken Corn Chowder. This easy soup recipe is Loaded with chicken, corn, bacon, cheese, potatoes. This delicious chowder recipe is a winner!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Looking for the perfect warm-up comfort food? Look no further. This easy homemade Chicken Corn Chowder recipe is so delicious. This easy chowder recipe is a perfect one-pot meal for a weeknight dinner.
There are two words to describe this summer….HOT and HUMID! In New Jersey, it’s not uncommon for the heat and humidity to pair up. This summer, however, was abnormally hot, humid and dry. I was seriously getting tired of sweating.
Enough already. Now that the warm summer is behind us (thankfully), I am all about fall and comfort food. I am celebrating with one of my favorite soups everrrr…..Chicken Corn Chowder.
Chowd-da is serious business. It’s thick, it’s hearty and it’s packed with lots of deliciousness like chicken, fresh corn, potatoes and bacon. Remember what I said about bacon! Everything is better with bacon.
Tradition in the Russo household calls for a bowl of this Chicken Corn Chowder every time it snows. Not that I want it to turn that cold that quick, but it’s not a snowstorm without a nice hot bowl of this chow-da.
Be sure to add this easy chowder recipe to your weekly meal plan.
Corn Chowder Ingredients
- Shredded Chicken Breast (Can use a rotisserie chicken for a quicker chowder)
- Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Red bell pepper
- Sweet onion,
- Minced Garlis
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and diced (add more or less to taste)
- Fresh or frozen corn
- Low sodium chicken broth
- Half and half
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley finely chopped
How To Make Chicken Corn Chowder
This soup packs a nice punch when it comes to vegetables too. Luckily, I freeze a hefty amount of corn we grow to use in recipes like this one. You can also use fresh corn as well. I added a nice amount. While I am not sad to see the summer heat go, I do get sad when our Jersey Fresh vegetables are finished for the season.
This soup has a slight zip to it. I added some jalapeno peppers to the mix. But like anything else, you can certainly leave them out for a more traditional taste. Or, you can add more or less depending on how much zip you like. Easy peasy!
Try These Easy Weeknight Soup Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup
Shop this Chicken Corn Chowder recipe with my Amazon Affiliate Links!
Save these Jarcuteries for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Easy Chicken Corn Chowder
Warm up on a cold day with a bowl of this hearty Chicken Corn Chowder. This easy soup recipe is Loaded with chicken, corn, bacon, cheese, potatoes. This delicious chowder recipe is a winner! This soup recipe is easy to make and freezer-friendly, perfect for dinner any night of the week.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 unsalted butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup carrots finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1 cup sweet onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced (add more or less to taste)
- 3 idaho potatoes cubed to bite sized pieces
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/3 cup flour
- 46 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 scallion diced
- In large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add peppers, onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour and stir constantly.
- Whisk in chicken broth slowly. Continue to stir until well blended and flour is dissolved.
- Add potatoes, half of the bacon, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Bring to a low boil for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Add cooked chicken, corn, and half and half. Cook for 15 minutes more.
- Garnish with chopped scallions and crumbled bacon.