This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WarmUpYourDay #CollectiveBias
Weekend family breakfasts are a big deal in my house during the winter months. Our farm market is closed for the winter and it is a wonderful opportunity to spend time together as a family, which is often hard when our farm and retail market is open during the season. Of course, I have the usual helpings of eggs or pancakes but I always make sure I have some sort of sweet breakfast roll and fresh Florida orange juice to serve along side of everything.
I don’t know about you, but there are some foods I absolutely love to eat, but rarely make. Sweet rolls are one of those foods. I find them a little intimidating. Making the yeast bread, letting it rise, rolling it out, letting it rise. You get the picture. Sweet rolls are delicious but a lot of work, that is until I tried Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls. Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls are perfect for the busy family on the go. No need to rise, roll, and rise again because all the hard work is done. All you need to do is just unwrap the package, follow the simple directions and bake.
I recently deconstructed these gems and created these easy Coconut Orange Breakfast Rolls to serve alongside of breakfast. They are the perfect blend of toasted coconut, pecans and orange flavor – a great way to #WarmUpYourDay!
WalMart has a great selection of Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls. They can be found in the dairy isle. While I was there, I also picked up some Florida Orange Juice. What’s a nice family breakfast without a nourishing glass of Florida orange juice?? The orange juice is also in the dairy isle but is located with the other juices.
I began by first assembling all the ingredients. You will need 2 cans of the Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls for this recipe. I toasted the coconut in advance as well as made the orange syrup glaze.
Once you open the package, break each roll apart and dip each side into the toasted coconut. I love coconut so I made sure I coated each side really well. Place the rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Now, top each roll with chopped pecans. Yum! I love pecans so I made sure that I topped each one with a generous helping.
Bake according to the package instructions. Remove from oven and cool completely. While the sweet rolls are cooling, I made this delicious orange glaze to drizzle over each one. I simply combined powdered sugar, orange juice, grated orange rind and mixed until incorporated. Don’t be stingy, make sure each roll has lots of orange drizzle.
- 2 cans Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls
- 3/4 cup Florida orange juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 cups shredded coconut toasted
- 1 cup chopped pecans use reserved pecans from the can too
- Orange Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Florida Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon clear vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In small saucepan, heat Florida orange juice, vanilla and sugar and simmer until sugar is melted. Set aside to cool.
- Open package of and break apart each roll at the perforation.
- Generously dip all sides of each roll in the toasted coconut. Place rolls on lined baking sheet.
- Brush each roll with orange syrup. Coat well so orange juice seeps in.
- Top each roll with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and top with orange glaze
- To Make Glaze:
- In mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, orange juice, vanilla and orange rind. Mix until smooth.
- Generously drizzle over cooled rolls.
- Serve with a nice fresh glass of Florida Orange Juice.
How perfect to these look! They have just the right balance of coconut, orange flavor, orange glaze and of course pecans! I love turning something already delicious into something extraordinary. These easy Coconut Orange Breakfast Rolls will be perfect with a nice cold glass of Florida orange juice. I hope you give them a try. They are a perfect way to #WarmUpYourDay
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.