Cruella de Vil Cupcakes
These Disney Cupcakes are inspired by the upcoming Disney movie Cruella. Make a batch of these Cruella de Vil cupcakes and celebrate the wickedness. This easy cupcake recipe is perfect for Disney fans.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
One of my favorite Disney Villains is hitting the big screen again and I can’t wait! Emma Stone stars in Disney’s “Cruella,” an all-new live-action feature film about the rebellious early days of one of cinema’s most notorious – and notoriously fashionable – villains, the legendary Cruella de Vil. I’m celebrating with these marvelous Cruella de Vil Cupcakes.
These Disney cupcakes are the perfect recipe to make for your 101 Dalmatians Disney Party!
About The Movie Cruella
“Cruella,” which is set in 1970s London amidst the punk rock revolution, follows a young grifter named Estella, a clever and creative girl determined to make a name for herself with her designs. She befriends a pair of young thieves who appreciate her appetite for mischief, and together they are able to build a life for themselves on the London streets.
One day, Estella’s flair for fashion catches the eye of the Baroness von Hellman, a fashion legend who is devastatingly chic and terrifyingly haute, played by two-time Oscar® winner Emma Thompson. But their relationship sets in motion a course of events and revelations that will cause Estella to embrace her wicked side and become the raucous, fashionable and revenge-bent Cruella. Cruella hits theaters on May 28, 2021.
How To Make Cruella de Vil Cupcakes
These Disney cupcakes are really easy to make. I even added a touch of 101 Dalmatians to them by adding “Mickey Ears” decorated with a black Dalmatian spots. You know I love my Mickey Ears.
This recipe is a basic OREO cupcake. I doctored up a box of plain old cake mix to keep with the chocolate theme.
What You Need To Make Cruella de Vil Cupcakes
Package of white fondant
Black edible marker
Cookie sheet with silicone mat
Oreo Cupcakes (Recipe Below)
Vanilla Frosting (Recipe Below)
How To Decorate Cruella de Vil Cupcakes
The Mickey ears are the longest part of this process. I make the a day in advance so the fondant has time to dry completely and get nice and firm.
First, Sprinkle some cornstarch onto the cutting board. Remove the fondant from the package and knead on the cutting board to make the fondant soft and workable.
Sprinkle some more cornstarch onto the cutting board and roll the fondant into ¼ inch thick. Use the round fondant cutter, cut out 36 circles . Place them onto the cookie sheet and allow them to air dry for 3 hours.
Now, use the black edible marker to create the Dalmatian spots on the ears. Allow to dry overnight.
How To Assemble The Cruella Cupcakes
Fill a piping bag with icing that is fitted with the star tip. Pipe dollops all over the top of the cupcake to create Cruella’s crazy hair.
Using the black cake spray to completely spray the left side of the frosting black. Allow the cake spray to dry for 30 minutes
Carefully place the ears into the the sides of each cupcake.
Try these easy Disney recipes
Minnie Mouse Hot Chocolate Bombs
LeFou’s Brew ( A Walt Disney World Favorite)
Save this Disney Cupcake recipe for later. Pin this Cruella de Vil Cupcake to your favorite Pinterest Board.
Cruella de Vil Cupcakes
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 1 ¼ C of whole milk
- ½ C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 C crushed OREOS
- Vanilla frosting
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3-5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 large piping bag with a medium star tip
- 1 can of black cake spray
- Package of white fondant
- Baking Tools Needed
- Black edible marker
- Rolling pin
- Cookie sheet with a silicone mat
- 2in round fondant cutter
- Sprinkle some cornstarch onto the cutting board. Remove the fondant from the package and knead on the cutting board to make the fondant soft and workable.
- Sprinkle some more cornstarch onto the cutting board and roll the fondant into ¼ inch thick. Using the round fondant cutter, cut out 36 circles.
- Place them onto the cookie sheet. Allow them to air dry for 3 hours.
- Once dry, use the black edible marker to create the dalmatian spots on the ears.. Allow ears to dry overnight
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with liners. Set aside
- Using a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, milk, butter and eggs until combined and smooth. Fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Fill the cupcake liners ¾ way full. Bake in the oven for 21 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Using a stand mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until combined, smooth and stiff
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag fitted with a star tip.
- Pipe dollops all over the top of the cupcake to create Cruella’s crazy hair.
- Using the cake spray, completely spray the left side of the frosting completely black.
- Allow the cake spray to dry for 30 minutes.
- Carefully place the ears into the sides of the cupcake.