Cast Iron Skillet Lasagna is an easy twist on the classic Italian recipe. This Cast Iron Lasagna recipe makes a great weeknight meal idea. Grab your skillet and get cooking!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Lasagna is the ultimate comfort food. At least it is for this Italian gal. And guess what? There is more than one way to layer it. This easy skillet lasagna uses one of my favorite kitchen tools – a cast iron skillet! I also have a thing for Italian food. You just can’t go wrong with a classic lasagna recipe.
I first saw this trend on my favorite girl crush’s show – The Pioneer Woman. I just love Ree. She is so down-to-earth and inventive. Plus, she is a farm girl like me so we definitely speak the same language.
I love this cast iron lasagna because it is an easy weeknight meal. Whip up this easy recipe, serve along with a side salad and some nice garlic bread and BAM! You got yourself an heart weeknight meal. This meal screams comfort food.
This easy skillet lasagna is virtually a one-skillet lasagna recipe with the exception of boiling the noodles. So that is definitely a bonus. I am all for recipes that use as little pots and pans as possible.
Ingredients Needed To Make Cast Iron Lasagna Recipe
Shredded mozzarella cheese: you can substitute half of the cheese for a different variety (like cheddar) if you wish for a different taste
Shredded Parmesan cheese
How To Make Cast Iron Lasagna
Brown beef and sausage until cooked through. Mix in tomato, garlic, herbs, and spices. Reduce to a simmer while noodles are cooking.
Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, combine egg, ricotta, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
Spread a small amount of meat and sauce on the bottom of the cast iron skillet. Layer 4 or 5 lasagna noodles over top. Spread with ricotta mixture, top with meat and sauce, then top with shredded mozzarella.
Repeat this layering technique until the top of the pan is reached.Fold in the top edges of the noodles and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
Try These Easy Weeknight Meal Recipes
Save this easy skillet lasagna recipe. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
- 16 oz. lasagna noodles
- 14 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ lb pork sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1 egg
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil or bunch of fresh
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Brown beef and sausage until cooked through.
- Mix in tomato, garlic, herbs, and spices. Reduce to a simmer while noodles are cooking.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook noodles according to package directions.
- Combine egg, ricotta, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread a small amount of meat and sauce on the bottom of a 10" cast iron skillet.
- Layer 4 or 5 lasagna noodles over top. Spread with ricotta mixture, top with meat and sauce, then top with shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat this layering technique until the top of the pan is reached.
- Fold in the top edges of the noodles and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
You will need a 10" cast iron skillet for this recipe.
You can mix up the flavors by adding different cheeses if you wish.