Enjoy the fresh taste of tortellini, shredded cheese, baby spinach, and tomatoes mixed to create this tasty and fulfilling Creamy Tortellini Skillet Alfredo. Serve this savory goodness with a side of garlic bread to complete the meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Pasta dishes are among some of my favorite meals to serve for dinner. I like them because there are plenty of ways to prepare pasta, and these recipes typically fill us all up with just a single serving. The Creamy Tortellini Alfredo Skillet is a recipe that I love to prepare for the family.
The colorful dish consists of tasty tortellini pasta, a delectable alfredo sauce, fresh spinach leaves, and grape tomatoes. When mixed, these ingredients create the perfect meal to serve to the family or guests that you might have visiting.
Creamy Tortellini Alfredo Skillet
The Creamy Tortellini Skillet recipe is easy to follow. Instead of buying jarred Alfredo sauce, you are preparing the perfect Alfredo sauce to go over your tortellini, spinach, and tomatoes. This one-pot meal is so good.
The homemade Alfredo sauce has much more flavor and is a lot easier to prepare than most people think because it only requires a few ingredients, such as melted butter, garlic, cheese, and heavy cream. If you have these ingredients at home, you already have exactly what you need to make the sauce that goes with this meal.
Kitchen Essentials For Making Skillet Tortellini Alfredo
Tips for Making Creamy Tortellini Skillet Alfredo
If you want to prepare the Creamy Tortellini Skillet, but you do not want to spend too much time in the kitchen on a busy day, consider preparing your Alfredo sauce in advance.
- You can make the sauce and store it in a glass container, such as a mason jar, and then use it when ready to prepare this recipe.
- Using frozen tortellini will make it that much easier for you to prepare this recipe in no time.
- Although the recipe consists of tortellini stuffed with cheese, you can choose tortellini with your favorite stuffing to customize your Creamy Tortellini Skillet.
- Feel free to add additional vegetables if you would like.
- Grilled or sauteed chicken is a delicious protein addition.
- While the spinach and tomatoes go perfectly with the tortellini, other vegetable options taste just as good with the pasta, including zucchini, mushrooms, and broccoli.
- When adding any other vegetables, be sure to saute them beforehand to get them to blend perfectly with the soft taste of the tortellini and the creaminess of the Alfredo sauce.
How to Store Your Creamy Tortellini Skillet Leftovers
One thing I have noticed about this recipe is that it tastes just as good when it is fresh as it does when it gets reheated. You simply need to make sure you are storing the food properly. When I have leftovers, I place them in a plastic food storage container and put a tight lid on top of that container.
I label the container to keep track of when I initially prepared the meal. I will usually have the leftovers for lunch the next day, heating the microwaveable food storage container for around 60 seconds before digging into my delicious Creamy Tortellini Skillet meal.
Try These Easy Weeknight Meal Recipes
Save this easy weeknight pasta recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
When you are wanting to feed your family a delicious meal, this Creamy Tortellini Skillet meal hits the spot!
- For the Alfredo sauce:
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the pasta:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- Fresh parsley for garnish
For the Alfredo sauce:
1. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add flour and cook 30 seconds stirring constantly.
3. Add garlic and saute until flour and garlic are golden brown, about 30 seconds more.
4. Slowly pour in heavy cream and milk and whisk well. Cook stirring constantly until mixture simmers and thickens slightly.
5. Remove from heat and stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano.
6. Return to low heat, stir and let cheese melt through.
7. Cover and keep warm until the pasta skillet is ready.
For the pasta:
1. Heat oil in a large pan.
2. Sautée onions until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
4. In a separate pan prepare the pasta according to directions. Add to skillet with baby spinach, cook for 1 minute until spinach is wilted.
5. Pour Alfredo sauce over the tortellini, stir well and remove from heat. Serve warm.