Eggs, bacon and parmesan team up to create an out of this world classic quick and easy Pasta Carbonara. This easy Italian pasta recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
This post is sponsored by Country Pasta. All opinions are my own.
Growing up in a food-loving Italian household, I have learned from an early age that pasta is a serious business. Seriously! Choosing the right pasta is just as important as preparing the meal itself. The pasta choice literally makes the meal.
While my mom would often make pasta from scratch when I was younger, it was time-consuming. So, she and my dad would always by pasta they knew was authentic and good tasting.
I have inherited their taste in pasta. I recently discovered Country Pasta. This homemade style egg pasta takes all of the mess out of making pasta from scratch. What makes Country Pasta stand apart from other kinds of pasta is quality, fresh ingredients and the old-fashioned roll and cut production method.
Friends, it tastes JUST like homemade.
You know how I feel about bacon, right? I think I have said it a million times here on The Farm Girl Gabs that everything tastes better with bacon. I whipped up this delicious Pasta Carbonara recipe that includes Country Pasta, bacon, parmesan cheese and eggs – my favorite food groups.
Pasta Carbonara is a great option for a weeknight meal. It essentially is a one-pot meal with the exception of cooking the pasta. Um hello, I am all for delicious meals with less mess.
Ingredients Needed To Make Pasta Carbonara
- Linguine or Spaghetti
- Low Sodium Bacon, chopped
- Diced onion
- Minced garlic
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Large eggs
- Half & half
- Parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
How To Make Quick & Easy Pasta Carbonara
This indulgent recipe is really easy to make. Start by frying up some bacon until crisp.
Next, mix up your cheesy egg sauce. The cheesier, the better in my book!
Toss it all together over low heat. Add some extra cheese and parsley for garnish and BAM! You’ve got yourself and delicious pasta dish full of bacon flavor and parmesan cheese.
I could eat this for DAYS! It’s that good…and comforting. Just looking at these photos makes me want more.
Try These Easy Weeknight Meal Recipes
Save this Pasta Carbonara Recipe. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
- 1 lb. Country Pasta Egg Pasta
- 1 lb. Low Sodium Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until transparent. Remove from heat.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, parmesan cheese, half and half, parsley, salt and pepper to a medium bowl. Whisk until incorporated.
- Drain the pasta and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Pour the hot pasta into the skillet with the bacon. Return to stove on very low heat.
- Add the egg mixture and reserved pasta water to the skillet. Toss to incorporate until a sauce forms.
- Remove from heat and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.