Nothing says creamy and cheesy quite like this Homemade Mac and Cheese. Talk about ultimate comfort food. The cheesy stovetop macaroni and cheese will be a new family favorite recipe.
How To Make Homemade Mac and Cheese
Nothing says creamy and cheesy quite like this Homemade Mac and Cheese. Talk about ultimate comfort food. It’s so good that your family will start asking for this version, instead of the boxed brand. Your mac and cheese does not have to be bland and gooey. Instead, it can be filling and scrumptious. Just make sure you follow this recipe!
One of my goals, when I was a young adult, was to be able to make mac and cheese that everyone loved. I feel as though there are so many recipes out there, it’s hard to know which kind your family likes eating. This stovetop Homemade Mac and Cheese has proven time and time again that it is THE recipe that you need to make for that next BBQ or family gathering. It is even perfect for a game day party.
Ingredients for Making Stovetop Mac and Cheese That’s Homemade
I am not shaming boxed mac and cheese because I have made my fair share of it. However, if you could make your own cheesy pasta in a short time frame, you would. This mac and cheese recipe is the perfect recipe to have on hand, so you don’t have to use the boxed stuff unless you want to.
- This recipe calls for elbow macaroni noodles, which is fabulous because they are so inexpensive.
- Butter is also the star of the show in this recipe because you will want the mac and cheese to be creamy and buttery.
- The milk can help your mac and cheese from drying out and keep everything creamy in this recipe.
- Shredded cheese is also an important ingredient that you will need for this recipe. You can use whatever cheese you have on hand.
- Make sure you grab the shredded gouda cheese to add to this recipe. This cheese is amazing and helps make the mac and cheese what it is.
You will also be adding some important spices to this mac and cheese. The seasonings help bring all the flavor together in this recipe.
How to Reheat the Macaroni and Cheese
Let’s say that you make this delicious mac and cheese, but you put it in the fridge for later. How does one reheat it?
- Simply add the mac and cheese to a big enough pan on the stove.
- Take a little bit of milk and add it to the mac and cheese.
- Stir to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- You can also add a little bit of milk to a microwave-safe bowl to heat up and enjoy.
Reheating something this simple is also a cooking tool you can teach your kids. It’s so nice to be able to make something they can reheat on their own and enjoy, while you are busy doing something. A mom’s job is never done, so this is a great recipe to make and enjoy leftovers with.
If you’re craving mac and cheese that everyone will love, then don’t be afraid to make this Homemade Mac and Cheese for your family. The ooey-gooey cheese is more than enough reason to make it!
And if you want to try a delicious twits on the classic mac and cheese recipe, make sure you try the Bacon Cauliflower Macaroni and Cheese recipe too. So good!
Save these creamy stovetop macaroni and cheese recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
This Homamade Mac and Cheese isn't your average recipe. You will love the cheesiness and creaminess of it!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni noodles, uncooked
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese (or another cheese of your choice)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water with a few pinches of salt, then add the macaroni noodles. Boil the noodles just until al dente.
- Drain the noodles and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Allow the butter and flour mixture to cook over medium
heat for 1 minute.
- Add the milk slowly one cup at a time, whisking each addition into the butter and flour until well combined before adding the next cup of milk.
- To the sauce, add the onion powder, white pepper, and salt.
Allow the sauce to simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until thickened, stirring very often to prevent the sauce from sticking and burning.
- Add the cheeses and whisk into the sauce until completely melted. Remove the cheese sauce from the heat.
- Add the cooked macaroni noodles and stir well. Serve the macaroni and cheese immediately.