Wow your crowd at your next barbeque or summer picnic. These Grilled Bourbon Chicken Wings are a deliciously simple grilled chicken recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Hello, grilling season! Is your grill ready to go for a wonderful season of grilling? It’s time to fire it up and make some of these delicious Grilled Bourbon Chicken Wings.
My family loves wings, especially Anthony and Gabrielle. Anthony also enjoys a good glass of bourbon every now and then, so I raided the bar and created this amazing wing recipe. If you are a fan of wings, be sure to try my Baked Honey Sesame Wings too.
These grilled bourbon chicken wings are the answer to your summer barbecue menu. I have a lot of grilled chicken recipes in my wheelhouse. There are a few reasons. First, we love chicken so that is a no-brainer there.
I kinda like a meal when the whole entire family is on the same page. Second, chicken is so versatile. It can be prepared so many different ways that you never tire of it.
How To Make Grilled Chicken Wings
This recipe is super simple to make but you will need about an hour to let the chicken “marinate” in a dry rub. After the wings set for about an hour, fire up that grill. When grilling, baste the wings with a tangy Kentucky Bourbon Sauce. They should take about 25 minutes on the grill.
Grilled bourbon wings are not just for summer grilling season. These are perfect for game day, game night or any fun gathering you are planning.
Must-Have Recipe Resources
When making these Grilled Bourbon Chicken Wings, the following tools are helpful to have at home.
Meal Plan Game Plan
Side Dish 1: Italian Potato Salad
Side Dish 2: Classic Macaroni Salad
Refreshing Drinks: Stars & Stripes Mocktail Sangria
Eat dessert first!: Peach Cobbler
Save this Grilled Bourbon Chicken Wings Recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Wow your crowd at your next bbq or summer gathering. These Grilled Bourbon Chicken Wings are a deliciously simple grilled chicken recipe.
- 4 pds fresh chicken wings (approximately 14–16 wings)
- 1/3 cup dry rub for Chicken ( see below )
- 1 cup Bourbon Barbecue Sauce ( see below )
- Dry Rub
- ¼ C brown sugar
- 1/8 C paprika
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Kentucky Bourbon Sauce
- 1 cup Kentucky bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp molasses
- 1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- Place wing pieces into a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for the dry rub in a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine
- Store in an airtight container
- Pour the Spice Rub over the chicken wings.
- Toss to coat and place the chicken wings into a gallon zip lock bag.
- Place in your refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Prepare your Kentucky Bourbon Barbecue Sauce.
- In a medium sauce pan, bring the bourbon to a boil.
- Simmer for five to ten minutes.
- Add the water and all of the other ingredients, stir to combine.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until you reach a thick and smooth consistency.
- Turn off your heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Heat your grill to medium high heat.
- Place the chicken wings in a single layer over the heat.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes per side with the grill lid closed.
- Once fully cooked, remove wings from the grill and place in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of Bourbon Barbecue Sauce to the cooked wings and toss to coat.
- Place the wings back on the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.