This Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe is easy to make and sure to please. Get your grill on and try this tasty recipe.
Grilling season is in full swing around these neck of the woods. So, I am getting my grill on. I love to grill. It means less mess in the kitchen too. Grilling is an essential part of summer and warmer weather. Just call me the grill mistress. Can’t you just smell the charcoal burning now? I am seriously in awe that it is almost August. Where in the Sam Hill has summer gone? The weather over the past two weeks has been pretty yucky too. Rain and clouds have visited us almost every day. That is not good for the crops nor is it good for the fun summer vibes. But, this too shall pass. The family and I are still enjoying every ounce of summer that we can. Soon, Gabrielle will be heading back to Boston to finish her senior year of college. Yes, SENIOR year! And AJ will be starting his junior year of high school. And I personally think it’s amazing that I am not a day over 29.
So let’s talk a little about this delicious Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe.
Summer fun and grilling go hand in hand with. I think skewers or kabobs if you prefer, are such fun food. Food on a stick. That’s a pretty cool concept. It’s a great way to add a little variety too – add your protein of choice (in this case chicken), and some hearty vegetables. You can pretty much raid your garden and add any vegetable to the mix. I used zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes because there are in abundance here on our farm. I also added some red peppers, onion, and mushrooms too.
After I threaded the vegetables and chicken through the skewers, I marinated them in a homemade Italian dressing for about a half hour. I used wooded bamboo skewers so the liquid will help them from burning. You should also soak them in water before too. After these Italian Herb Chicken Skewers are marinated for about 30-minutes. Pop them on a hot grill for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Now, this Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe is the perfect way to get your grill and summer on! Enjoy!
This Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe is easy to make and sure to please. Get your grill on and try this tasty recipe.
- 10 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 1 lb. chicken cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini thickly sliced
- 1 yellow squash thickly sliced
- 1 package of white mushrooms cut in half
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh basil minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add vinegar, mustard and seasoning to a medium bowl. Stir together. Whisk in oil until blended. Set aside
- Drain bamboo skewers after soaking.
- Place chicken and vegetables on skewers, alternating each. When assembled, lay flat in an oblong baking dish.
- Whisk marinade and pour over skewers. Making sure each skewers is covered with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. When ready to grill, discard marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook chicken skewers for 15-20 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.