It’s time to fire up the grill. This Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe is easy to make and sure to please. Get your grill on and try this tasty chicken recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Grilling season is in full swing around these neck of the woods. So, I am getting my grill on. I love to grill. It means less mess in the kitchen too. Grilling is an essential part of summer and warmer weather. Just call me the grill mistress. Can’t you just smell the charcoal burning now? I am seriously in awe that it is almost June.
Try this recipeGrilling season pretty much has no season here in our home. I grill all year long. But it’s days like these when the warm weather and the grill just call my name. Truth be told, our spring has been wet and cold, definitely not perfect grilling weather. That has put a damper on the spring crops. But this week, things are finally straightening out.
Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers are so good. During the heat of the summer, I use all the fresh vegetables we grow here on the farm. So head out to your local farmers market and see what you can find in season. I like to think of this recipe as a sheet pan dinner. Your protein and veggies are all set, Only thing missing is corn on the cob, a starch or a summer salad or two.
What Do I Need To Make Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe?
For The Skewers
• Bamboo Skewers (can use metal skewers also)
• Boneless Chicken Breast
• Red Pepper
• Red Onion
• Yellow Squash
• White Button Mushrooms
For The Marinade
• Canola Oil
• White Wine Vinegar
• Minced Garlic
• Dijon Mustard
• Fresh Basil
• Fresh Oregano
• Salt & Pepper to taste
How Do I Make Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers?
Summer fun and grilling go hand in hand with. I think skewers or kabobs if you prefer, are such fun food. Food on a stick. That’s a pretty cool concept. It’s a great way to add a little variety too – add your protein of choice (in this case chicken), and some hearty vegetables. You can pretty much raid your garden and add any vegetables to the mix. I used zucchini, yellow squash and cherry tomatoes because there are in abundance here on our farm. I also added some red peppers, onion, and mushrooms too.
After I threaded the vegetables and chicken through the skewers, I marinated them in a homemade Italian dressing for about an hour. I used wooded bamboo skewers so the liquid will help them from burning. You should also soak them in water before too. After these Italian Herb Chicken Skewers are marinated, pop them on a hot grill for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Now, this Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe is the perfect way to get your grill and summer on! Enjoy!
Save this Grilled Italian Herb Chicken Skewers recipe for later by pinning the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
Try These Easy Summer Salad Recipes
Grilling Essentials For This Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 10 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 1 lb. chicken cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 red pepper roughly chopped
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini thickly sliced
- 1 yellow squash thickly sliced
- 1 package of white mushrooms cut in half
- Marinade Ingredients
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Add vinegar, mustard and seasoning to a medium bowl. Stir together. Whisk in oil until blended. Set aside
- Drain bamboo skewers after soaking.
- Place chicken and vegetables on skewers, alternating each. When assembled, lay flat in an oblong baking dish.
- Whisk marinade and pour over skewers. Making sure each skewers is covered with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes. When ready to grill, discard marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook chicken skewers for 20 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.