Ready to kick off barbeque season? A salad or two is essential. This easy loaded baked potato salad recipe is the delicious twist on the classic potato salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
I think I have said this at least three hundred times here on The Farm Girl Gabs, but I never met a potato I didn’t like. But it’s true. Potatoes are my comfort food. And since it’s summer salad season, that calls for my favorite Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe.
Potato salad is something I serve all year long in our home. It’s not just for summer. Baked potato salad is the perfect side dish to serve at family gatherings, picnics or just as a side for your weekly meal plan. This creamy potato salad recipe is filled with favorite baked potato toppings like cheese and bacon!
Check out this delicious recipe!
When it comes to my favorite way to enjoy potatoes, mashed potatoes and baked potatoes are tied for first in my book. And of course I love my baked potato loaded with all the healthy (ahem) ingredients like sour cream, cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon. Ok, so that is not the healthiest way to eat a potato but all things in moderation, right?
This easy loaded baked potato salad recipe takes all my favorite baked potato toppings and incorporates them into one big delicious salad recipe. Ready to dig in? This recipe feeds a crowd, so feel free to cut the recipe in half for a smaller portion size.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Loaded Baked Potato Salad?
• Russet or Idaho Potatoes
• Cooked Bacon
• Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• Sour Cream
• Miracle Whip
• Salt & Pepper to taste
How Do I Make Baked Potato Salad
Add water and one teaspoon salt to a large pot. Bring water to boil and add cubed potatoes. Cook until fork-tender – about 10 – 12 minutes. Drain potatoes and let them cool slightly.
In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper together.
In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, bacon, cheese and scallions. Pour mayonnaise mixture over the potatoes. Toss gently until ingredients are incorporated.
Garnish with reserved bacon, scallions and cheese.nCover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight for best results before serving.
Must-Have Recipe Resources
Meal Plan Game Plan
Add this easy loaded baked potato salad recipe to your weekly meal plan. Here are a few other items that you can also add to your meal plan game plan too.
Main Dish: Grilled Italian Skewers
Side Dish 1: Tomato Corn Basil Salad
Side Dish 2: BLT Pasta Salad
Refreshing Drinks: Copycat Sonic Cherry Limeade Slush
Eat dessert first!: Strawberry Rhubarb Oatmeal Bars
Save this Loaded Baked Potato Salad recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
What other Salad Recipes Should I Try
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- *you can also leave potatoes unpeeled if you wish
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup for garnish)
- 3/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- Add water and one teaspoon salt to a large pot. Bring water to boil and add cubed potatoes. Cook until fork-tender - about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and let them cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper together.
- In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, bacon, cheese and scallions. Pour mayonnaise mixture over the potatoes. Toss gently until ingredients are incorporated.
- Garnish with reserved bacon, scallions and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for four hours or overnight for best results before serving.