Cool off this summer with this delicious peach margarita. This classic cocktail is full of peach flavor and is a perfect way to celebrate peach season and summer.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
It’s peach season on the farm! If you haven’t had a chance to hit up your local farmers’ market, run, don’t walk. Peaches are at their peak and they are so delicious. I have a ton of peach recipes here to make with your haul. Today, I am focusing my full attention of this homemade frozen peach margarita. It is the perfect pairing for a hot summer day.
With the weather warming up, there’s no better time to enjoy a refreshing Peach Margarita. This drink is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or just looking for something to help cool you down on a hot day. Best of all, it’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
What is a margarita?
A margarita is a refreshing cocktail made with tequila, Triple Sec, and lime juice. It’s typically served on the rocks or frozen and often garnished with a fresh peach slice. The flavors of margaritas are commonly switched up, which is awesome! This easy recipe is a fun variation of a traditional margarita.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Peach Margarita
- Frozen peaches – Making a quick margarita is made easier by using frozen peaches. You can also use fresh peaches. I flash freeze them by laying them on a sheet pan and freezing for one hour.
- Ice – A little bit of ice will help
- Lime juice – To help make the margarita, fresh lime juice is needed.
- Tequila – You can’t have a margarita without silver tequila.
- Triple sec – Another important ingredient in the margarita mixture.
- Agave – Helps sweeten the drink. You can also use simple syrup.
- Garnish – A lime wedge is a common garnish for a margarita.
Variation Options for a Peach Margarita
- If you want a frozen margarita, blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- For a twist on the classic margarita, try using peach nectar instead of lime juice.
- If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the tequila and Triple Sec.
- You can use fresh peaches instead of frozen, though you may want to add a little bit of ice to the drink.
- Instead of Triple Sec, use another type of liqueur such as Grand Marnier (orange liqueur) or Cointreau.
FAQs for a Peach Margarita
How long will a frozen peach margarita last in the fridge?
If you make a large batch of this drink and have leftovers, don’t worry! Frozen peach margaritas will stay good in the fridge for up to 2 days. Just be sure to tightly seal the container so that the drink doesn’t start to lose its flavor.
How many calories are in a frozen peach margarita?
A typical frozen peach margarita can range from 200-300 calories. However, this will depend on the ingredients and proportions used. If you’re looking to cut back on calories, you can try using a sugar-free syrup or skipping the garnish.
Is a frozen peach margarita gluten-free?
Yes, this drink is naturally gluten-free. However, be sure to check the labels of the ingredients you’re using to double-check that they are indeed gluten-free.
Can I make a virgin frozen peach margarita?
Absolutely! If you’re looking to make a non-alcoholic version of this drink, simply omit the tequila and Triple Sec. You can also add a little extra lime juice or agave to taste.
What is the best tequila to use for a frozen peach margarita?
For this particular recipe, we recommend using silver or blanco tequila. However, feel free to use your favorite tequila if you prefer.
If you’re looking for a quick margarita to make for friends, this Peach Margarita is just the recipe that you need!
More Drink Recipes
- Apple Cider Margarita
- Raspberry Margarita
- Cherry Margarita
- Copycat Epcot Troll Kreme Spiked Slush
- Best Margarita Recipes
Peach Margarita Cocktail Making Essentials
Cool off this summer with this delicious frozen peach margarita. This classic cocktail is full of peach flavor and is a perfect way to celebrate peach season and summer.
- 1 cups frozen peaches
- 1 cup ice
- 2 oz. lime juice
- 3 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. triple sec
- 2 tbsp. Agave
- Salt for garnish
- Fresh limes and fresh or frozen peach slices for garnish
- In your blender, combine peaches, ice, lime juice, tequila, triple sec, and agave.
- Blend well. To rim the glasses, add a layer of salt to a saucer.
- Run a wedge of lime along the edge of the glass, and dip in the salt.
- Pour the margaritas evenly into each glass.
- Garnish with fresh limes and fresh or frozen peach slices. Enjoy!