Instant Pot Meatballs
These flavorful Instant Pot Meatballs are sure to satisfy your cravings for something savory and fulfilling. This recipe is the perfect family-friendly recipe to follow because even the pickiest eaters tend to enjoy these meatballs.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
When it comes to meatballs, most people enjoy eating them. You can do so much with them! Whether you want to place them on a roll and have a meatball sandwich, add them to a bowl of spaghetti with sauce, or even eat them as an entree alongside potatoes and a vegetable, you can easily craft the perfect meal with these meatballs.
Try This Easy Weeknight RecipeNot only does this recipe help you make the perfect meal for the family, but it is also incredibly easy to make. I never look forward to making meals that require lengthy prep time and take forever to cook. While some people may enjoy that, it is just not for me because of my busy schedule. If I can make something quickly that will taste good, I am all for it, and that is precisely why this recipe is a favorite of mine.
The Benefits of Making Meatballs in the Instant Pot
When you are pressed for time, making meatballs in the Instant Pot is the perfect solution. While some people traditionally place the meatballs in a saucepan and fry them on the stovetop, this is time-consuming. Aside from taking up more of your time, you end up having to stand in the kitchen by the stove to watch the meatballs while they cook, flipping them over from one side to the next every few minutes.
If this is not the kind of thing you want to do when making a meal, you are in luck! You can simply use the Instant Pot to make the most tender and flavorful meatballs you have ever tasted. Using the Instant Pot will drastically reduce your cooking time. Best of all, you do not have to stand by the stove for 30 minutes or more to watch the meatballs while they are cooking.
Ingredients to Make the Instant Pot Meatballs
Not everyone makes their meatballs the same way. Coming from a half Italian family, meatballs are an important part of our meal plan. Remember that famous line from the 1985 film Prizzi’s Honor? “Want to get a husband? Practice your meatballs!” However, if you try this recipe with the ingredients listed, you will never go back to your old way of making meatballs.
- Ground meat is the star of the show. You can choose from pork, turkey, and beef. Some people like a mixture of meats for added flavor.
- Breadcrumbs are a must to give the meatballs more of a wholesome, thick consistency.
- Worcestershire sauce will give your meatballs more flavor.
- Assorted herbs and seasonings, including basil, onion powder, and parsley, pair perfectly with the meat blend to enhance the taste of each bite.
Instant Pot tips and tricks – How to Keep Things Easy and Simple:
If you are anything like me, you want to make the cooking process as easy and as simple as possible. I would recommend using an Instant Pot liner before adding your meatballs to it. The reason for using the liner is to reduce the time spent cleaning your Instant Pot after you make your tasty meatballs.
I would also suggest making extra meatballs. You can meal prep with them and even add them to a freezer bag and keep them frozen until you are ready to use them.
How Do I Make Homemade Meatballs in the Instant Pot?
In a large bowl, add the meat and all other ingredients and gently mix together, but do not overwork.
To form into meatballs, I like to use a medium or large cookie scoop (depending on how large you want to make the meatballs) to make a perfect size.
Add trivet to bottom of the Instant Pot. Then add jarred or homemade spaghetti sauce to the bottom. Place meatballs on top of sauce. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes with a 10-minute natural release.
Serve immediately with spaghetti or your favorite pasta.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator or pop in the freezer for a future meal. This easy meatball recipe freezes really well.
Save this easy Italian Meatball recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Try These Easy Instant Pot Recipes
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup
Instant Pot Meatballs
If there is something I love, it's meatballs. Go ahead and give this Instant Pot Meatballs recipe a try!
- ● 1 pound lean ground beef, ground pork or ground turkey - or a blend
- ● ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ● 1 large egg
- ● ½ cup milk
- ● 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ● 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- ● ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese, finely grated l
- ● 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, finely chopped - oregano, basil, parsley
- ● ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ● ½ teaspoon salt
- ● ¼ teaspoon black pepper
1. In a large bowl, mix together the combination of meat, if using
2. Add all other ingredients and gently mix together, but do not overwork
3. Form into meatballs
4. Add trivet to bottom of Instant Pot
5. Then add jarred or homemade spaghetti sauce
6. Place meatballs on top of sauce, close together
7. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes with a 10 minute natural release
8. Serve immediately with spaghetti noodles
9. Store leftovers in refrigerator