I feel like I have been sharing a lot of lemon-inspired recipes with you lately, but I can’t help it. I love the refreshing taste of lemon. From desserts to main dishes, lemon is one of my favorite ingredients to cook and bake with.
I made this Lemon Chicken with Fettuccine for the dinner the other night and my husband went ga-ga over it. Anthony has always been my #1 fan when it comes to my cooking. He simply stated that this Lemon Chicken with Fettuccine was one of his favorite dishes that I have ever made. Now, we have been married for 23 years and I have cooked a lot of meals over that timeframe so that was a very humbling statement from him.
Since he declared this dish his all-time favorite, I just had to share it with you. I am slightly addicted to pasta dishes. Seriously, I think I am a carboholic. You can obviously use any kind of pasta you like for this but I happen to love fettuccine. I love using pasta as a base for a simple meal. Plus, there are less pots to wash too. I only used two for this dish and that is a winner for me!
You can certainly swap out the vegetables for any other vegetable you desire. I’m thinking some Jersey Fresh asparagus would taste wonderful with this dish. I am just dying for some Jersey Fresh produce. I can’t wait to try this with some of the Jersey Fresh produce we grow here on our farm. Summer can’t come soon enough!
What I wouldn’t do for a Jersey tomato right now. Anyway, I’m getting off-track.
The bottom line is this Lemon Chicken with Fettuccine is a wonderful dish to serve any time during the week. It’s simple, yet elegant in presentation. It’s pretty hearty too. I love meals that fill you up and this one definitely does just that!
Do you have a signature dish that your family raves about? Leave me a comment below and share your family’s favorite.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fettuccine cooked
- In large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Wash and clean chicken breast. Pound each between two sheets of wax paper to thin out.
- Add chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until each side is a nice golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add the additional oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add the red pepper flakes, onions, garlic, mushrooms and zucchini and sauté until just tender.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Slice one lemon in half and squeeze the juice over the chicken and vegetables.
- Slice the other lemon into thin slices and add them to the pan.
- Pour chicken broth over everything. Simmer for 5 minutes and reduce heat to low.
- Add the pasta and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.